Coronavirus - Part Two.

Guest sibon
15 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I have steered clear of this topic for months - read but never replied because of some of the rubbish that is posted, by both sides - but that last comment deserves a response, IMO.  ALL drugs have potential side effects, even ones in common, regular use - like aspirin - do we stop taking them,  just in case??

Might be better to make maths lessons compulsory until people achieve some basic competence.

20 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

If you like. 

It's completely your choice 👍

Not exactly the most erudite response - but not unexpected.

5 minutes ago, sibon said:

Might be better to make maths lessons compulsory until people achieve some basic competence.

Nah, waste of time - the figures are flawed.

Just now, RollingJ said:

Not exactly the most erudite response - but not unexpected.

You know me. I'm not one to force my views on others. 

That is what you expected wasn't it, for me to not force my views on others?? 

4 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

I'll believe it is all over when I can walk around, pop into cafes and pubs without having to give name address, phone number, vaccination status, proof of ID, scan something and so on.  I know people can do all this with "apps", but that is if you both have a smartphone, and are willing to produce all your details on request.  I'm not.

I've been hoping for this "freedom day" for close on 18 months - walking into a pub, ordering a pint, paying by cash with no other questions/demands/requirements.  In other words, as I would normally, pre-Covid!

You can in Padders Bar.    🤣

8 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

If some people had their way, a fair few.

Look at the mind boggling results from this survey:

https://twitter.com/mattholehouse/status/1413155464632836100?s=19

Don't think the first two have anything to do with covid - I'm sure that there are some miseryguts / nimbys etc that would love to see all clubs closed, licensing hours reduced and everybody in bed before midnight.