Coronavirus - Part Two.

6 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

It'll be interesting to see the numbers by say, the end of the first week in August?

Cases: 100k per day

Deaths: 140 per day

Hospitalizations: 2000 per day

... all 7 day averages.

I am not making a prediction here though I think these numbers are plausible ... but hypothetically what judgement would you make based on these numbers?

Donny up to 729 cases per 100,000.Thats its highest ever rate.( In mass testing period)

It's not that many weeks back Sheffield was at  34.

Boris doing a presser at 5 pm

Edited by butlers

41 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Shes come back from holiday but it was from a green list. She had phone calls from Friday but had only done the test on Friday. Got pinged and a email on Sunday.  Phone calls have stopped, and no messages left.

Right so its as a result of a test then, or someone on the plane has tested positive.  My original point about anyone who ONLY gets a notification from the app still stands, and wouldnt be surprised if employers are suggesting to their employees to delete it.

5 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Right so its as a result of a test then, or someone on the plane has tested positive.  My original point about anyone who ONLY gets a notification from the app still stands, and wouldnt be surprised if employers are suggesting to their employees to delete it.

She had put the test in box on Friday, so it's not that. She hasn't had test results back yet. I suspect it's the plane. The plane with better air circulation than many buildings and everyone was wearing masks. Or the taxi  (the one with driver behind a perspex screen and every was wearing etc etc). 

140k at Silverstone this weekend by the way.

Just now, tinfoilhat said:

She had put the test in box on Friday, so it's not that. She hasn't had test results back yet. I suspect it's the plane. The plane with better air circulation than many buildings and everyone was wearing masks. Or the taxi  (the one with driver behind a perspex screen and every was wearing etc etc). 

140k at Silverstone this weekend by the way.

Oh aye I know the whole thing is a shambles. On my return from holiday in October (if it happens) my phone is getting switched off for 10 days.

Guest sibon
2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Thats the issue. WHEN do you think they should have been allowed to reopen, its been 16 months!

It is difficult. The high infection rates at the moment make it seem a strange decision to reopen right now, but then again, nobody is forced to go clubbing.

I still think that reopening is a good thing, but I would have liked to see masks remain compulsory in food shops and on public transport. Just about anything else is optional and personal choice is ok for optional stuff

I’ve also been out and about this morning. Still plenty of masks around, even on a day when they are certainly unpleasant to wear.

I’ve also noticed some smaller retailers pointing out that masking might help them to not get infected. Which might mean that their business survives.

Its all a bit up in the air at the moment. Let’s hope it turns out fine.

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

Oh aye I know the whole thing is a shambles. On my return from holiday in October (if it happens) my phone is getting switched off for 10 days.

You won’t need to. I did two trips to France last summer, both required quarantine when I got home. Test and trace called me once in those 20 days and I could have been anywhere when I spoke to them.

Just now, HeHasRisen said:

I'm not sure how many will let us in by October.  Blackpool has the illuminations in October, that sounds nice 😬

Guest makapaka
53 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

We're not long back from the city centre.  Fargate is busy but The Moor is absolutely rammed, like a Saturday afternoon.  Agree though that most of the people you see, especially in shops are still wearing face coverings. 

I know they keep saying that the vaccines are the game changer but heard this morning that this time last year, the numbers infected, hospitalised & dying from Covid were much lower than those reported yesterday. 

It'll be interesting to see the numbers by say, the end of the first week in August?

They would be though wouldn't they - last summer we'd not long since come out of lockdown and there would have been much less virus about.

You'd have to look at the number of cases this time last year and I'm pretty sure it was a lot less that 50k+ per day.

45 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Boris is giving a statement to the nation at 5:00 this evening from Chequers, where he is isolating.

I'm sure all will become clearer :|

Will make sure I don't watch.