Coronavirus - Part Two.

On 19/07/2021 at 17:47, tinfoilhat said:

We are doing about 250-300k jabs a day, way down from the peak of about 500k. Now I don't know if it's lack of vaccines, lack of the right type of vaccines or lack of uptake from young people but this might help focus a few minds.

It is lack of uptake in the main....certainly in Doncaster anyway.

Guest sibon
4 hours ago, butlers said:

It would be ridiculous to police but it's NOT true.

Actually the .gov site is very plain about how you should behave in isolation and good hygiene practices.

Looks like OZ got unlucky betting the house on AZ.

I’ll message my sister in law in Fitzroy.

She should have the correct info. You’d hope so anyway.

That sounds right.

They are having to hold back doses to complete those who have had first doses,mainly 30-40 year olds 

A new batch of 30 million is expected in late Aug - early Sept.

Was on BBC podcast, More or Less which has been covering the virus more or less from the start and making sense if various claims.

About 22 mins I to latest show for the Pfizer stuff.

As to India,the government reckons 67% of the population now have antibodies.

Only 13% fully vaccinated.

Which might make the official death toll a bit questionable if the virus has run through so high a proportion of the population

25 minutes ago, butlers said:

That sounds right.

They are having to hold back doses to complete those who have had first doses,mainly 30-40 year olds 

A new batch of 30 million is expected in late Aug - early Sept.

Was on BBC podcast, More or Less which has been covering the virus more or less from the start and making sense if various claims.

About 22 mins I to latest show for the Pfizer stuff.

As to India,the government reckons 67% of the population now have antibodies.

Only 13% fully vaccinated.

Which might make the official death toll a bit questionable if the virus has run through so high a proportion of the population

Its low compared with ne Derbyshire (79% / 90%) but still higher than Sheffield  (59% / 76%). I hope this gap in vaccines doesn't bite us in the arse.

Indian figures are a bit of a lottery - 4m seems closer than 400k considering 78m live in slums. And thats not including the crushing poverty and lack of medical facilities in rural India.

53 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Indian figures are a bit of a lottery - 4m seems closer than 400k considering 78m live in slums. And thats not including the crushing poverty and lack of medical facilities in rural India.

Perhaps in India they're more careful to count only those whose death was actually caused by covid, rather than those who died of other things but just happened to have covid as well? That would make the figures a lot lower, wouldn't it?

10 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Perhaps in India they're more careful to count only those whose death was actually caused by covid, rather than those who died of other things but just happened to have covid as well? That would make the figures a lot lower, wouldn't it?

That could be it.  Remember the old addage "What don't kill you makes you stronger".  Apparently has a basis in fact.  We overcome illness thanks to our immune system being exposed to something.  Explains why healthy immune systems overcome Covid, and youngsters can overcome Covid often without knowing they've had it, and carrying that immunity onward.  I'd suggest that many Indians have overcome many illnesses and have stronger immune systems than us, especially those of us who've been staying in for ages as the pubs have been shut!  Now we are out and about, I'd suggest most of us are more at risk than before, even with vaccination.

19 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Do you honestly think they know exactly how many people are alive in India, let alone how many have died?  Those who can't afford healthcare won't be counted because they won't be tested.

16 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

You might want to look at how the Indian leader, Modi, has censored the media over reporting non covid related bad news for the government before considering how its miss handling of the pandemic, such as allowing the holding of mass political rallies before elections and 9 million people gathering in the same place for the Kumbh Mela.

Then ask yourself, can someone who attempts to censor any news that shows him in a bad light be trusted to report true figures on anything - not just covid deaths.