Coronavirus - Part Two.

10 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Thank you for agreeing with me.  I know it's a few pages back but Tops or whatever the name is was certain that all supermarkets had stopped social distancing measures and all staff and customers no longer wearing masks

I wasn't agreeing with you. 

To be fair I wasn't actually disagreeing with you either. 

I was just posting my shopping experience. 

11 minutes ago, Delayed said:

I know it's a few pages back but Tops or whatever the name is was certain that all supermarkets had stopped social distancing measures and all staff and customers no longer wearing masks

I can only speak from my own experience but shops local to me have pretty much done away with the social distancing stickers. 

The perspex screens are mostly still in place but the number of unmuzzled people on both sides of the till has increased hugely recently. 

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

I can only speak from my own experience but shops local to me have pretty much done away with the social distancing stickers. 

The perspex screens are mostly still in place but the number of unmuzzled people on both sides of the till has increased hugely recently. 

Which is fair enough but that wasn't what was being claimed.

Tops was adamant that no one was wearing any masks and that all supermarkets had ditched social distancing measures. Obviously he was very keen to find out which supermarket was still keeping things in place.

Guest makapaka
38 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I went into Sheffield too today. 

I went to a Co-op. 

I'm happy to report only 5 customers (out of around 20 or so) had muzzles on. 

The staff were mostly muzzle free too apart from 4 that I saw 

Muzzle - oof - such an aggressive word.

A muzzle is a device that is placed over the snout of an animal to keep them from biting or otherwise opening their mouth.

Weird how someone should choose to describe a face mask like that.

Edited by makapaka

21 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Muzzle - oof - such an aggressive word.

A muzzle is a device that is placed over the snout of an animal to keep them from biting or otherwise opening their mouth.

Weird how someone should choose to describe a face mask like that.

Aggressive? 

My I had no idea you were so delecate. 

Masks/muzzles have a long history and that history isn't usually about the health of the wearer 

It's intended use is to dehumanise them. 

Look into it. It's quite interesting but disturbing at the same time. 

9 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Aggressive? 

Masks/muzzles have a long history and that history isn't usually about the health of the wearer 

Masks , pre-covid, were usually used to conceal ones own identity eg by criminals, Nothing to do with being used to dehumanise them.

8 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Aggressive? 

Good answer that Daddio,

Always read your post's on the subject of masks, you make some good comments,

Personally I detest the ruddy things, and I agree they do dehumanise me.

Not natural to cover ones face, I keep smiling at people, then I think, why the hell am I smiling.