Coronavirus - Part Two.

29 minutes ago, petemcewan said:

quote from Wired

Los Angeles and Chicago schools will require that all employees get vaccinated

The Los Angeles and Chicago school districts announced that all educators and school staff will have to be fully vaccinated by October 15, a strong statement coming from the second- and third-largest districts in the country. In LA, employees will also be tested regularly, while in Chicago they’ll be tested weekly until the vaccine deadline. Both states are also mandating that everyone wear masks inside of schools. Leaders of the national teachers’ unions have said they favor vaccine mandates but that they need to be negotiated at the local level.

Could this happen in the UK?

Is this a quote or a summary?

The New York Times  and other media go on to explain the decision and the current response from the largest unions-"Leaders of both national teachers’ unions...have said they support vaccine mandates, but that details should be negotiated locally." 

Medical and religious exemptions are also mentioned.

It seems odd that Los Angeles and Chicago are referred to states in the quote.

4 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Conspiracy Theorists should stop contradicting themselves.

Is it: "Pfizer like any company are there to make money..." 

Or  "What happens when Pfizer and their ilk decide vaccines aren't free anymore?"

Is it  that a vaccine for an 80 year old contain things that help keep you alive.

Or if you are 79 a vaccine is "...garbage that you're going to be reliant on for the rest of your life...".

Its not contradictory at all Pfizer are currently making billions, they'll want to keep that going.

My actual post stated that if I was 80 with pre existing conditions I may consider an experimental Covid jab as I wouldn't have a lot to lose, thats a lot different from a healthy younger person who doesn't really have a lot to fear from Covid, you've taken the statements out of context.

22 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Its not contradictory at all Pfizer are currently making billions, they'll want to keep that going.

My actual post stated that if I was 80 with pre existing conditions I may consider an experimental Covid jab as I wouldn't have a lot to lose, thats a lot different from a healthy younger person who doesn't really have a lot to fear from Covid, you've taken the statements out of context.

So you would support the Government in knowingly giving an 80 year old person "...garbage that you're going to be reliant on for the rest of your life...".

In this context what do you mean by "...garbage..."?

33 minutes ago, makapaka said:

New Zealand just gone into lockdown due to 1 case.

People in Melbourne are not allowed to take masks off to have a drink outdoors.

The world has gone absolutely nuts and people are standing by and letting it happen.

Edited by HeHasRisen

19 hours ago, Anna B said:

Everything in life has pros and cons including the vaccine. I think the mistake the government made was to try to only present the pro side of the argument, therefore leaving themselves open to claims of suppressing the evidence, etc and conspiracy theories. 

I can see why, but instead of treating us like children, they should have been savvy enough to see the risk, and come clean. Quite  honestly in this day and age of the internet,  when people can find out everything, they left themselves wide open.

Out of touch once again... 

Please leave your government bashing agenda out of this thread , put it where it belongs . Its becoming tiresome .

52 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Please leave your government bashing agenda out of this thread , put it where it belongs . Its becoming tiresome .

It is a bit. I hate this government, I really do. But the vaccination programme has been brilliant, you can't say any different - mainly because purchasing aside, they've just given it to the NHS and they've sorted it out. Yes, they've gambled on things like the time between jabs but its paid off. 

And if you don't trust our government - and who would - trust other countries, the WHO, scientists here and abroad. Theyve all got the same data (broadly), there are only so many vaccines in use.

That said, I've just read how we were one of only three countries worldwide who didn't close our borders in March, April and May 2020.