Coronavirus - Part Two.

3 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Only false for the brainwashed. 

The flimsy blue masks worn by the majority (and badly worn at that) are useless.

For once this thread was discussing something valid that needs to be discussed.

Instead its just the same old:

Vaccination bla bla bla

Masks bla bla bla

Plus a sprinkling of words from the Conspiracy Theorists thesaurus.

1 minute ago, top4718 said:

If you think that carry on, I'll just use my 20 years of doing risk assessments of mask wearing in construction environments to base it on.  🤣

I'll trump your twenty years unrelated experience with forty years of industrial, chemical and biological use of appropriate equipment, procedures and risk assessment.

I would also add that I do not get into stupid and time wasting arguments with people who work on these procedures professionally.

7 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

For once this thread was discussing something valid that needs to be discussed.

Instead its just the same old:

Vaccination bla bla bla

Masks bla bla bla

Plus a sprinkling of words from the Conspiracy Theorists thesaurus.

Hooray you've mentioned conspiracy theorists again, must be some kind of record.

1 minute ago, Annie Bynnol said:

I'll trump your twenty years unrelated experience with forty years of industrial, chemical and biological use of appropriate equipment, procedures and risk assessment.

I would also add that I do not get into stupid and time wasting arguments with people who work on these procedures professionally.

Tell me where the blue style masks are worn in wards where a virus is prevalent?

4 minutes ago, butlers said:

Pathetic isn't it.

It's like trying to calm a toddler having a tantrum down.

The only people who are pathetic are the ones swallowing this nonsense without questioning it.

4 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Hooray you've mentioned conspiracy theorists again, must be some kind of record.

Tell me where the blue style masks are worn in wards where a virus is prevalent?

Does youR Construction industry experience apply to active Medical Wards?

Edited by Annie Bynnol

15 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Does youR Construction industry experience apply to active Medical Wards?

No but it involves not breathing in harmful aerosols, wearing a blue mask, a scarf, a snood or pulling you jumper over your mouth wouldn't pass muster but are all effective (allegedly) against a deadly virus, for anyone of any level of intelligence to think this isn't nonsense is staggering.

Edited by top4718

1 hour ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Who will be on the selection committee that decides who lives and who dies? Will it be you?

The selection of who survives will come down to wealth and the ability to buy resources.

I for one will not play your game and I will buy in the Doctors, nurses, carers and facilities I and my family needs. 

It will become a bidding war with the NHS collapsing due to lack of staff and resources. 

Millions of people will withdraw their labour or retire early leaving a massive skills shortage leading to even more harm to the economy.

"Herd immunity" is far more complex and not the final solution you make out.

I'm afraid nature will be making a lot of the decisions, winnowing out the weak and elderly (of which I'm one.) Harsh but a fact of life.

Buy in resources etc if you can afford them, it's always the way that the richer you are the better chance you have of surviving almost any situation. Glad you can afford it, but trust me most will not be able to. You are playing their game, which has been intended all along.

Yes the NHS is collapsing before our eyes thanks to 40 years of Neoliberalism and privatisation, now rife in the NHS. The outsourced private companies, of which there are many delivering care to the NHS, will continue to put their prices up every year, as do privatised care homes to ridiculous levels, because  the NHS is seen as a cash cow. But funding will not increase in line with prices, so the NHS/government will be unable to afford their services and it will continue to go down hill fast at the expense of the general public. It's already happening and the government who brought us to this point haven't a clue what to do about it, hence no word on Boris's 'oven ready plan' to fix social care. Social care will be the least of our problems.

I wonder how long they will try to blame Covid for the NHS decline  which has been in motion for years?

Edited by Anna B