Coronavirus - Part Two.

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

Don't worry -

BTW - Islay / Skye peat or sweet Speyside or summat else?

This is the tipple 

https://groceries.morrisons.com/products/smokehead-islay-single-malt-scotch-whisky-abv-43-415217011

I have to say its very nice but quite potent. You wouldn't believe the trouble I've just had trying to copy and paste a link. 

I think maybe I've had one too many 

8 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

This is the tipple 

https://groceries.morrisons.com/products/smokehead-islay-single-malt-scotch-whisky-abv-43-415217011

I have to say its very nice but quite potent. You wouldn't believe the trouble I've just had trying to copy and paste a link. 

I think maybe I've had one too many 

Do you know exactly what everything in it is? Don't want it changing your dna

2 hours ago, melthebell said:

Do you know exactly what everything in it is? Don't want it changing your dna

To be fair, Whisky is a lethal cocktail for me.

I’d never put it in my body, no matter how many highly qualified Whiskyologists told me that it was safe.😀

What should Scotland do about it's surging case numbers? For example:

1. Who cares, we're living with this thing now. End of.

2. Let things run. The situation is tolerable now and herd immunity may well slow the surge so let's give it a little time.
3. Give the brakes a dab by reapplying the restrictions which were in place until August 9th. Things may be tolerable now but Scotland should not risk the need for a strict lockdown by letting things get worse unchecked.
4. Slam the brakes on by rewinding the last two or three loosenings of restrictions. Because of the delay between taking action and seeing its effect, this is the only way to be sure of being able to keep the schools open in the face of a rapidly worsening situation.

5. It's well past time to panic. A strict lockdown is called for.

England is out of synch with Scotland. While per capita deaths and the timings of the waves have been similar, the trend in England's daily numbers is now different from that of Scotland. England's numbers are fairly flat (<10% increase per week). Scotland's schools are back and have been for a week or two (I think).

[ You can have a look at the Scottish data here:

https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/phs.covid.19/viz/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview
Scotland's population is around 5.5 million which is around 1/12 of the whole UK.]

Northern Irelands rate is near 50 % higher than Scotland at 640 ish per 100,000.

I see a doctor in northern Ireland is currently

suspended for throwing out covid untruths and throwing the word "genocide" around.

A death in New Zealand has been attributed to mydocardosis as a reaction to the Pfizer vaccine.

Over 3.5 million doses had been administed.

2 hours ago, butlers said:

Northern Irelands rate is near 50 % higher than Scotland at 640 ish per 100,000.

Northern Ireland's daily numbers are currently flat but their school year is about to start so they would seem to have a decision to make, even if it is merely to keep on keeping on.