Coronavirus - Part Two.

4 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Certainly felt that way when we were back in the UK a couple of weeks ago for our first visit in 18 months - although surprised how empty some of the pubs up were even given the students were away.

In France, mask wearing in shops, supermarkets etc still rigidly adhered to at pain of a visit from the gendarmes and their large wooden clubs - but everybody much more relaxed.

You protect me - I protect you.

I’ve been contemplating a trip to France, but I’m put off by two things. Firstly getting the dog there. And also the prospect that the French won’t accept my vaccine passport.

In a normal year I’d be in the Charente Maritime by now, eating delicious seafood and drinking lovely wine.

Maybe next year.

6 minutes ago, sibon said:

I’ve been contemplating a trip to France, but I’m put off by two things. Firstly getting the dog there. And also the prospect that the French won’t accept my vaccine passport.

In a normal year I’d be in the Charente Maritime by now, eating delicious seafood and drinking lovely wine.

Maybe next year.

Have a look at UK Campsite website;

https://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/chatter/display_forum_topics.asp?ForumID=7

Plenty of threads on pets and vaccine passports on first 3 pages.

Went to Charante Maritime (Ile de Re) end of June for a week - oysters, oysters and more oysters.............................

Edited by Longcol

2 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Have a look at UK Campsite website;

https://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/chatter/display_forum_topics.asp?ForumID=7

Plenty of threads on pets and vaccine passports.

Went to Charante Maritime (Ile de Re) end of June for a week - oysters, oysters and more oysters.............................

I’m a bit of a skinflint. I go a bit further south to Oleron.

Mussels, oysters, mussels, oysters. And some soles thrown in for variety.

Thanks for the link btw. I’ll have a good look tomorrow.

Edited by sibon

10 minutes ago, sibon said:

I’m a bit of a skinflint. I go a bit further south to Oleron.

Mussels, oysters, mussels, oysters. And some soles thrown in for variety.

Thanks for the link btw. I’ll have a good look tomorrow.

I understand TousAntiCovid is a useful app to have over there.

6 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

I understand TousAntiCovid is a useful app to have over there.

Thanks for that. It’s heartening to see people being helpful in the middle of this nonsense of a thread.

Guest makapaka
20 hours ago, sibon said:

I’m not sure.

It looks as though the tariff for hospitalisation has been lowered. If that’s the case, it can easily be reversed if necessary.

Everything depends on how the vaccine holds up and on how many non- vaxxed nutters there are.

I think it’s clear the vaccines have been the way out.

There will be variants / surges but vaccines will be tweaked / boosters given.

8 hours ago, butlers said:

Isreal has been reporting high numbers of infections recently  and they gave a good rate of vaccination.

Well it turns out they are doing just about the most testing of anywhere in the world ,it's over triple our testing rate.

One of the highest vaccinated countries in the world.

Any fool had the 3rd jab yet?

Read an excellent piece earlier by investigative journalist James Townsend, he highlighted how a debate on vaccines for children on This Morning between Beverley Turner and Dr Nighat Arif, whilst the debate was lively both sides put in good arguments with BT perhaps coming out with the better points (backed up by the viewers comments on the This Morning hashtag), the presenter of the show even stated that the debate had given her pause for thought with vaccinating her own children (this is exactly as it should be with both sides fairly represented). 

Later in the day if you Googled BT's name she was made out to be evil incarnate by some alleged journo's retweeting comments from obvious bots with no profile pic and limited followers that put a negative slant on everything BT said.

Sadly this is the current state of journalism in the UK (and the world to be fair), when I slate the MSM instances like this are why, not black/white scenarios that the brainwashed on here allege.

Early one tonight, its been a long day.

PS - Anyone up for the 3rd jab yet?

32 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Read an excellent piece earlier by investigative journalist James Townsend, he highlighted how a debate on vaccines for children on This Morning between Beverley Turner and Dr Nighat Arif, whilst the debate was lively both sides put in good arguments with BT perhaps coming out with the better points (backed up by the viewers comments on the This Morning hashtag), the presenter of the show even stated that the debate had given her pause for thought with vaccinating her own children (this is exactly as it should be with both sides fairly represented). 

Later in the day if you Googled BT's name she was made out to be evil incarnate by some alleged journo's retweeting comments from obvious bots with no profile pic and limited followers that put a negative slant on everything BT said.

Sadly this is the current state of journalism in the UK (and the world to be fair), when I slate the MSM instances like this are why, not black/white scenarios that the brainwashed on here allege.

Not linking to it then tops - how unusual 😎

Ah, the "investigative journalist" is some guy with a twitter account.

https://twitter.com/James_Townsend9/status/1432993508621799426

Edited by Longcol

48 minutes ago, top4718 said:

That’s cheered me up no end. 

A three day old spat, refereed by none other than Eamonn Holmes. Involving Anti vaxxer Bev and written up by a bloke without a proper job.

Convinced me.

On 01/09/2021 at 22:36, top4718 said:

Been away for a few days and can't be bothered to trawl back over the arrogant nonsense of the usual brainwashed.

A few snippets I've picked up on over the last week:

A former New York Times reporter (Alex Berenson) has been totally banned from Twitter for talking about the vaccines limitations, not lies, not conspiracy, deplatformed for telling the truth.

There are good reasons why he’s a former NYT reporter. Harold Shipman is a former doctor.

Berenson was actually banned from Twitter for serial lying about the vaccine.

I’m unsurprised that Top has him as a role model.

Edited by sibon