Coronavirus - Part Two.

1 minute ago, altus said:

It's a standard tactic of conspiracy theorists - put known dodgy but true things next to dodgy but false claims and it makes the hard of thinking more likely to believe the latter.

Exactly, its what ive seen time and time again when ive watched the speakers on subject accesses live streams for the anti covid protests

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

The trouble is with what youre doing is mixing real conspiracies that we all know about and know is wrong, such as the tories and their PPE procuring that lead to them and their mates making millions. With outlandish ones that have no basis in reality and are based on lies and dont stand up to proper thinking.

This post deserves a gold star for accuracy and insight.

Nice one Mel.

9 hours ago, melthebell said:

Exactly, its what ive seen time and time again when ive watched the speakers on subject accesses live streams for the anti covid protests

So what are your thoughts on people who are believing hook, line and sinker everything the Government and media (historically the biggest liars who've ever existed) say as fact and not only believing it actively arguing in its favour.

9 hours ago, Longcol said:

Lol - have a read of the Conservative Party thread sometime, starting here;

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/473200-the-conservative-party-part-two/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-8356927

Now - a link to this £16.4 million profit story please - is it any different to those I've already linked to in #9769?

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/dark-money-investigations/government-accused-of-cronyism-after-tory-councillor-wins-156m-covid-contract/

Tories do cronyism - yup, we know it, have done for years.

I can't take any criticism of a party seriously from someone who believes every word they say on the current crisis.

57 minutes ago, top4718 said:

So what are your thoughts on people who are believing hook, line and sinker everything the Government and media (historically the biggest liars who've ever existed) say as fact and not only believing it actively arguing in its favour.

I can't take any criticism of a party seriously from someone who believes every word they say on the current crisis.

I think that Mel is taking the only course open to all of us.

He listens to the experts whether these be politicians or scientists and then uses his own brain to decide what makes sense to him.

This makes it absolutely possible to accept or question any pronouncement from on high.

Does anyone accept everything hook line and sinker from any single source.

I doubt that anyone with a reasonable quantity of brain cells does.

4 minutes ago, RJRB said:

He listens to the experts whether these be politicians or scientists and then uses his own brain to decide what makes sense to him.

This makes it absolutely possible to accept or question any pronouncement from on high.

Hmmm... :huh:

I agree with you 100% 99%! :)

On 17/09/2021 at 13:24, Rockers rule said:

2 hours ago, RJRB said:

I agree with you on that and that is why I am going for my booster jab on Sunday.

Edited by Kidorry

3 hours ago, RJRB said:

No he listens to a biased, one sided view from people who are totally untrustworthy, do you really think the Tory Party cares about your health?

43 minutes ago, top4718 said:

No he listens to a biased, one sided view from people who are totally untrustworthy, do you really think the Tory Party cares about your health?

Why don’t you just listen to the scientists? Filter out all the political nonsense from Johnson and his goons.

The research is all published. Have a read.

Then you might understand why getting vaccinated and not breathing on strangers actually helps us all.

Edited by sibon

37 minutes ago, top4718 said:

I doubt that you are in a position to speak with authority on what anyone,other than yourself thinks.

I think the Tory Party and all parties have little concern for any individual ,but I am sure that they heed the popularity polls.

So the herd immunity arguments were thankfully mitigated to some extent by the success of the vaccine programme.