Coronavirus - Part Two.

4 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

This is also in the news, another statistic that shows the death rates have been inflated, I’ve said before the fallout from this nonsense in deaths will far eclipse anything directly caused by Covid.
https://news.sky.com/story/england-and-wales-records-more-than-70-000-excess-deaths-in-private-homes-since-start-of-covid-19-pandemic-12420482

2 hours ago, top4718 said:

This is also in the news, another statistic that shows the death rates have been inflated, I’ve said before the fallout from this nonsense in deaths will far eclipse anything directly caused by Covid.
https://news.sky.com/story/england-and-wales-records-more-than-70-000-excess-deaths-in-private-homes-since-start-of-covid-19-pandemic-12420482

And? Where in your link does it state these excess deaths were attributed to covid? I've read it (probably unlike you) and it states covid deaths and excess deaths. Did you do the maths to see if attributed deaths are correct?

Or just scrambling around in the dark for anything that seems to back up your narrative?

Deaths happen, other deaths sadly will happen from other causes, people have been unable to go to hospital, that doesn't mean there shouldn't have been lockdowns or other measures

Edited by melthebell

Guest makapaka
16 minutes ago, melthebell said:

people have been unable to go to hospital, that doesn't mean there shouldn't have been lockdowns or other measures

How do you know that?

4 minutes ago, makapaka said:

How do you know that?

How do I know what? Anti covid protestors have made clear people have missed appointments and people have got iller as a consequence

But

That doesn't mean there  shouldn't have been measures to mitigate covid.

As the saying goes **** happens, being in the middle of a global pandemic ain't perfect, craps gonna happen

Guest makapaka
6 minutes ago, melthebell said:

How do I know what? Anti covid protestors have made clear people have missed appointments and people have got iller as a consequence

But

That doesn't mean there  shouldn't have been measures to mitigate covid.

As the saying goes **** happens, being in the middle of a global pandemic ain't perfect, craps gonna happen

It’s not perfect - but that’s not much consolation for a young person who’s got terminal cancer because they couldn’t get a hospital appointment sooner.

Edited by makapaka

Guest makapaka
Just now, Carbuncle said:

Are you really challenging the idea that lockdowns reduced the loss of hospital capacity due to covid?

This doesn’t make sense - what are you asking?

3 minutes ago, makapaka said:

It’s not perfect - but that’s not much consolation for a young person who’s got terminal cancer because they couldn’t get a hospital appointment sooner.

Would you sooner millions dying? The nhs getting swamped? Nobody at all been able to get to hospital at all?

Like I said being in the middle of a global pandemic isn't ideal, bad stuff happens as a consequence like it or not

Guest makapaka
4 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

(1) Covid reduced hospital capacity for other things.

(2) Lockdowns mitigated this effect.

(3) Therefore there was more hospital capacity because of lockdowns.

Which of these are you unhappy with?

I’m not unhappy with anything as such.

im asking how anyone knows if the reduction in healthcare provision for other illnesses has provided a net benefit.