Coronavirus - Part Two.

9 hours ago, Dardandec said:

But it was, the NHS was grossly understaffed before covid. When covid hit, what little "spare" resources that were available for cancer screening etc, then became tied up with covid. Do you not even slightly realise that?

Absolutely. It's not like we had a situation where NHS staff were so bored at having nothing to do in the mainly empty hospitals [with patients desperatly needing cancer screenings/treatment prevented from entering] that thousands of staff spent many hours practising dance routines to post on Tiktok, is it?

Edited by onewheeldave

32 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Absolutely. It's not like we had a situation where NHS staff were so bored at having nothing to do in the mainly empty hospitals [with patients desperatly needing cancer screenings/treatment prevented from entering] that thousands of staff spent many hours practising dance routines to post on Tiktok, is it?

Hours practicing? Really? 😂

The ward a friend of mine works on did one, they all came in half an hour  before their night shift started to practise and film it.

Do you honestly believe staff were abandoning their patients to go and dance in the corridors?

Edited by nikki-red

8 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Wow! I am dumbfounded. Has anybody ever made a comment so ridiculous on so many levels.

35 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

What an uninformed, and frankly, repugnant comment that is. If that's a reflection of you as a person you need to take a hard look at yourself.

30 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

Do you honestly believe staff were abandoning their patients to go and dance in the corridors?

No, they had no patients- the hospitals had been closed  to most of them. Hence why a huge number of people could not access cancer and other treatments.

8 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

No, they had no patients- the hospitals had been closed  to most of them. Hence why a huge number of people could not access cancer and other treatments.

A number of Outpatient clinics (not all) were closed/limited.

The rest of the wards were carrying on as normal, as full as ever. 
I know this for definite, I work on one 🙄.

Edited by nikki-red

47 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

Hours practicing? Really? 😂

The ward a friend of mine works on did one, they all came in half an hour  before their night shift started to practise and film it.

15 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

9 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

I await onewheeldave's reply with interest

7 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

I went to a funeral yesterday for a relative who was a NHS worker not yet 40.

You comments are just plain wrong and hurtful.

There are carers and NHS staff who read these ill-informed and harmful comments of yours and some are struggling more than you realise.

Think!

13 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

You do know that many people missed out on cancer diagnoses and cancer treatment during that time, don't you?