Judges Rule Shamima Begum Should Be Allowed Back In The Uk

Message added by Vaati

The bickering and "prove it" posts can cease.  Any further posts will result in accounts being suspended.

51 minutes ago, m williamson said:

That's your 15 year old,  do you think that every 15 year old is the same?  Are you under the impression that your 15 year old received the same type of parenting and was exposed to the same influences as Begum was?

As I said in my post at # 94 0n page 8, this country has missed an opportunity to come out looking like the magnanimous good guys and at the same time using the situation to our advantage by using her to dissuade other Muslim girls from making the same mistake.

She was a child when she did it.  We could have used the situation to our benefit,  instead we look like draconian bullies which plays into the hands of the extremists.

A childish mistake crushed by the power of the state.  

My bold.

This is a good point. Take my daughter. She amazing, funny, she's dedicated to her sport and never gives up.

However, even though  she is now 20 she is still exceptionally naive and very easily led. To the point where we have involved the police twice where she had begun to be groomed online when she was 13 and then 15.

As I keep an eye on her social media I nipped it in the bud early but if parents don't do their job properly bad things can happen. From the start of this controversy I was always of the impression she was a vulnerable girl who was groomed. She's a victim in this too is she not? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

Would love to know how much these appeals have cost the taxpayers .

I read online it was around £5 million.

Would have been cheaper to let her come back and let justice take its course... she'd have been swinging from a lamppost within a month.

11 hours ago, m williamson said:

That's your 15 year old,  do you think that every 15 year old is the same?  Are you under the impression that your 15 year old received the same type of parenting and was exposed to the same influences as Begum was?

As I said in my post at # 94 0n page 8, this country has missed an opportunity to come out looking like the magnanimous good guys and at the same time using the situation to our advantage by using her to dissuade other Muslim girls from making the same mistake.

She was a child when she did it.  We could have used the situation to our benefit,  instead we look like draconian bullies which plays into the hands of the extremists.

Age of criminal responsibility is 10 years old. 
I am very aware that not every child develops the same and at no time has anyone said that Begum suffers from development delay which have been taken into account.

It is draconian, it has to be and as for your playing into extremists then thats your opinion.
We have to protect society with rules and laws and those that seek parts to kill or glorify killing will face the consequences.
Money would be better spent sending over a tourist with a mission and end this.

11 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

She's a victim in this too is she not? 

Wasn't it claimed her and her husband kept Yazidi people at slaves when living in Raqqah?

May have been a victim of grooming to get out there, but that doesn't excuse the crimes committed after that and the Governments response to them.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold.

This is a good point. Take my daughter. She amazing, funny, she's dedicated to her sport and never gives up.

However, even though  she is now 20 she is still exceptionally naive and very easily led. To the point where we have involved the police twice where she had begun to be groomed online when she was 13 and then 15.

As I keep an eye on her social media I nipped it in the bud early but if parents don't do their job properly bad things can happen. From the start of this controversy I was always of the impression she was a vulnerable girl who was groomed. She's a victim in this too is she not? 

Good post. I find myself liking you sometimes these days. 😂

Edited by Mkapaka
  • Haha 1

Terrorism in the UK is becoming a real threat. The police have enough on there hands without having to watch Begum who could still be an ISIS supporter, we only have her word that she is a changed woman.  

Leave her where she is. 

14 hours ago, m williamson said:

She was old enough to know right from wrong. The UK media told everyone what the terrorist group she joined was doing.  It was correct her UK citizenship was removed in order to act as a deterrent to other young people  from following the same evil path.  We she have no sympathy for anyone who joins a terrorist organisation and later as regrets because they are suffering the consequences.  There are too many terrorist sympathisers. 

Edited by Axe
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

She was a 15 year old kid who had been brain washed by  religious nutters from birth .

All 15 year olds are easy to lead onto the wrong path , 

I highly doubt 99% of them do not approve of chopping people's heads off though.

8 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

She was a 15 year old kid who had been brain washed by  religious nutters from birth .

All 15 year olds are easy to lead onto the wrong path , 

Exactly.

It strikes me that some of the posters who think it's right to use the power of the state to punish something a fifteen year old did have the same mindset as fanatic Muslim extremists who believe that only jihad and holy war will get them what they want.

I like to think we're better than that. This country has a renown military and is allied to the US currently the most powerful country in the world.

We can afford to look magnanimous, doing so would make us look good and as I said previously we could use it to our advantage.