Trans Equality In Sport Don't Mean They Are Exactly The Same.

48 minutes ago, Stranza said:

Be careful, hate speech is a very fluid line when it's trans issues.

53 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Don't take that view to Twitter!

I’m aware that it is a touchy subject, but the potential distortion of women’s sport is equally worthy of careful debate. 

I’ll take the twitter advice though😀

7 hours ago, Flanker7 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/jul/19/transwomen-face-potential-womens-rugby-ban-over-safety-concerns

This is a safety driven report but what of the 'level playing field' which gives any sport its validity

If this is true of rugby it is true of the vast majority of sports.

At last the pendulum starts to swing back to the centre.

Oh yeah - Men are twice as likely to die of Covid19.

What point are you making here?

52 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Generally that's how it works yes, well done

We're agreed then. Spend your life as a man, with the size, weight, power and speed advantages given by testosterone, then turn into a woman and be successful competing against those for whom testosterone is a banned substance. Seems fair.

26 minutes ago, the_bloke said:

We're agreed then. Spend your life as a man, with the size, weight, power and speed advantages given by testosterone, then turn into a woman and be successful competing against those for whom testosterone is a banned substance. Seems fair.

You make it sound like dying your hair.

46 minutes ago, the_bloke said:

Maybe you should read up on changing your sex, its a little bit more involved than putting a bit of lippy on

Hmm. Strange, when I first posted (desktop, firefox) there was a pop up asking me to register in order to see content, with the article text faded.

Just tried now and all works, no pop up, on mobile (iOS) safari.

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

Maybe you should read up on changing your sex, its a little bit more involved than putting a bit of lippy on

I think the unfortunate reality of biology is an issue. They can go through the change, the therapy, the counselling and any surgery they wish but underneath lies the male athlete that once was. No one is denying their right to do this but it certainly gives a huge advantage on the playing field and as mentioned originally it can be dangerous.