Revised On Street Parking Charges

9 minutes ago, metalman said:

So what you're really saying is, that for people who don't live there, there's not much point going there anyway. Especially at the moment.

Not at all.

Town/City centres are evolving and will continue to need to attract people in, it's just that people will also visit for other reasons than purely retail or the fact that they work there.

There's a lot going on in town other than retail.

I don't drive into city centres because they are complicated with fines for being in the wrong lane, inappropriate  signage, too fast, have cramped parking areas,  tight manoeuvring around obstacles and varied inconsistent restrictions. Get around those and i would be happy to use the City centre again.

12 minutes ago, Be My Bubble said:

I don't drive into city centres because they are complicated with fines for being in the wrong lane, inappropriate  signage, too fast, have cramped parking areas,  tight manoeuvring around obstacles and varied inconsistent restrictions. Get around those and i would be happy to use the City centre again.

Alternatively, go on a driving refresher course where the skills required to navigate city centres can be taught.

On 03/08/2020 at 09:26, Annie Bynnol said:

Why should I and  others who who don't drive into the centre sponsor the car driving habits of others, when there are alternatives?

Annie you miss out a key word "viable"  which must embrace the purpose of the trip

And yes I would go into the center for just the one thing or indeed to an out of town location -

On 03/08/2020 at 09:26, Annie Bynnol said:

1 hour ago, max said:

Alternatively, go on a driving refresher course where the skills required to navigate city centres can be taught.

It should not be necessary and it is a sad indictment of city center signage, and layout if it were.

2 hours ago, Be My Bubble said:

I don't drive into city centres because they are complicated with fines for being in the wrong lane, inappropriate  signage, too fast, have cramped parking areas,  tight manoeuvring around obstacles and varied inconsistent restrictions. Get around those and i would be happy to use the City centre again

Before you go to Meadowhall you need to be aware that around Meadowhall there are very tight turns, junctions roundabouts and numerous lane changes, multiple traffic lights in short succession, through traffic including coach and a high proportion of HGV vehicles and dozens of side roads. A driver will need to differentiate between motorway, national, regional, local, cycle and pedestrian direction signs. Height, weight and width restrictions. Variable speed limits. Non standard signage provided by Meadowhall.

When you enter Meadowhall be prepared for tight turns, confusing and counter-intuitive signage and non standard homemade markings, ramps, road access, reversing vehicles, challenging light conditions, groups of adults and children, shopping trolleys etc. 

Practicing in the City centre would prepare you for some of the driving conditions you will experience at Meadowhall,

3 hours ago, Be My Bubble said:

Please hand in your driving licence. You clearly are not competent to be driving a vehicle if you cannot negotiate the very simple traffic system in Sheffield city centre.

And what ever you do, don't be tempted to drive across London or Leeds.