700 Homes For Attercliffe Waterside. (UPDATE: Revised plans at Council)

Apparently 700 hundred homes are to be built at Attercliffe Waterfront. 

https://www.thestar.co.uk/business/star-comment-lets-see-some-more-enthusiasm-ps100m-attercliffe-scheme-2929822?amp#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s

Attercliffe Waterfront?  No me neither.  It's land between the city centre & Meadowhall & the project appears to have stalled. 

SCC have a preferred bidder / developer & an announcement was expected around a year ago. 

Edited by Baron99

Sounds like it will be great if it goes ahead.  When I first moved to the North west I lived close to a derelict bit of land by the Leeds Liverpool canal.

Watching "Canal Boat Diaries" on BBC4 last night I was amazed to see there's now a thriving community and marina there.

Marina-Pennington-Wharf-.jpg

2 hours ago, Parkside said:

700 social houses ????????? at last ,     much needed when so many are homeless or living in  crowded situations .

I was pretty sure there was NO social housing as part of the scheme - which was part of the problem...?

8 minutes ago, Be My Bubble said:

Looks like we have goldfish for planners. Building next to rivers a few centuries ago was a good thing, now its the complete reverse. Should be be building anything within a kilometre of a waterway?

The first thing potential property buyers should be checking / asking the developers or SCC is could you guarantee that I could get insurance cover for any flooding issues?