700 Homes For Attercliffe Waterside. (UPDATE: Revised plans at Council)

Is this the same David Slater that has a lot of business or land   down that end of Sheffield and would profit favourably from any future residential developments ?
It's not an area I would like to live in especially when the presses are running at night at the steel works, not too far away.

You can almost see the selling point of the place now.... high grade building with waterfront views,  close to entertainment area,   a major shopping centre and the motorway with supermarket trolley art forms cast into the water.

54 minutes ago, darylslinn said:

Is this the same David Slater that has a lot of business or land   down that end of Sheffield and would profit favourably from any future residential developments ?
It's not an area I would like to live in especially when the presses are running at night at the steel works, not too far away.

You can almost see the selling point of the place now.... high grade building with waterfront views,  close to entertainment area,   a major shopping centre and the motorway with supermarket trolley art forms cast into the water.
I can see it know it would be like Venice you could be sat on your garden lounger sipping cold white wine watching the gondolas going by

On 06/08/2020 at 21:26, darylslinn said:

David slater does own a few buildings down Attercliffe but I know others who own much more then him. David Slater is a person who has been pushing for Attercliffe to be developed for a long time as it is a place that has been forgotten by the council and yes he would benefit from any future developments but then why shouldn’t he? The man invested his money in a place that everyone thinks is a dump and not worth investing in so if it gets developed good on him.

i also own a few properties down Attercliffe that I invested in a few years ago and took a gamble so I will also be profiting from any developments in the area.

• 3 years later...
On 09/08/2020 at 05:53, mafya said:

David slater does own a few buildings down Attercliffe but I know others who own much more then him. David Slater is a person who has been pushing for Attercliffe to be developed for a long time as it is a place that has been forgotten by the council and yes he would benefit from any future developments but then why shouldn’t he? The man invested his money in a place that everyone thinks is a dump and not worth investing in so if it gets developed good on him.

i also own a few properties down Attercliffe that I invested in a few years ago and took a gamble so I will also be profiting from any developments in the area.

On 09/08/2020 at 05:53, mafya said:

Good on you mafya I grew up around the east end it was brilliant everyone got on its prime industrial land and housing why they cleared the slum and then built beautiful houses at catcliffe flood plains remains a poser ? 

I'm all for the development of an Attercliffe business corridor from the City centre to the motorway but it is also the route of the River Don which is flooding the area more often due to the building upstream with flood defences in Hillsborough that speed up the flow of water rather than reduce it.
I would personally like a ban on a building within a kilometre of a river or being 10 metres above water level for residential purposes which is in stark contrast to our history of building along rivers for water supplies with this being no longer necessary.

I would like to see a mile wide corridor of rewilded nature along riversides that would naturally soak up the water and slow down erosion of river banks and protect towns further down the river which have been hit hard recently.

Of course we would have to build bridges that span the width to high land at least 10 metres above water level to make sure that new homes are flood proof.
The riverside corridors would allow nature to move freely with trails for walkers and riders. Before you say, I know canals hardly flood with the water level being managed.

• Like 2

On 03/08/2020 at 11:43, Fougasse said:

I was pretty sure there was NO social housing as part of the scheme - which was part of the problem...?

Under Section 106 developers are obliged in law to build 'affordable' homes as part of any housing development of 11 houses or more.