South Yorkshire Bus Service Needs Improvement

2 hours ago, RollingJ said:

👍 I fear you'll be waiting a long time, or get a reply along the lines of 'I can't - security'

EDIT - see above for an even 'better' escape clause.

Would now be a good time to mention I used to hold an advanced level of security clearance above the common citizen & on occasion spoke with serving government ministers directly regarding certain issues they were having whilst in my former employment.....

maxresdefault.jpg

1 hour ago, Resident said:

Would now be a good time to mention I used to hold an advanced level of security clearance above the common citizen & on occasion spoke with serving government ministers directly regarding certain issues they were having whilst in my former employment.....

maxresdefault.jpg

Probably not - someone would probably come along and say they were in daily contact with the head of MI5/MI6/ FBI.😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

Probably not - someone would probably come along and say they were in daily contact with the head of MI5/MI6/ FBI.😂

Sadly said clearance has now been revoked. It's not like I had access to official secrets or anything although my current employer got a call from the government when they submitted my details for a background check which gave the poor lass in HR a bit of a shock :hihi:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Resident said:

Sadly said clearance has now been revoked. It's not like I had access to official secrets or anything although my current employer got a call from the government when they submitted my details for a background check which gave the poor lass in HR a bit of a shock :hihi:

I bet she didn't expect that.😃

20 hours ago, LovePotion said:

I still see fearmongering posts from the government popping up on Facebook (I won't post them here , as I don't want to give them the publicity).

What kind of fantasy world are you living in? You are not giving publicity to someone you are verifying a statement  with evidence - in theory but far more likely that this is another flight of fancy

20 hours ago, Resident said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Sandra?  Is that you?  Careful with that floppy!

8 hours ago, Hecate said:

Sandra?  Is that you?  Careful with that floppy!

100 internet bonus points. Would have been 200 if you'd called her Angela. 

On 23/08/2022 at 20:10, RollingJ said:

I bet she didn't expect that.😃

My manager had a good laugh with me about it. Never saw him again after that 🤐

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/sep/03/bus-fares-in-england-to-be-capped-at-2-for-three-months-says-dft

So the DfT is going to introduce a 90 day price cap, at the end of it the prices will go back to normal. 

So we're gonna have another shortage of drivers after they quit due to the abuse that will inevitably be thrown their way in the days after the cap ends.  

On 03/09/2022 at 14:27, LovePotion said:

If I was a bus driver, my main concern would not be abuse from passengers, it would be the little toerags lobbing stuff at the windows. I know that buses don't run up to High Green after a certain time because of this.

thats not 100% true the bus wont show due to driver shortages 99% of the time, I am a curret driver and the shortage is about to get alot worse before it gets better trust me only last week we had 7 hand the notice's in and alot more to come, The abuse (passangers and management), the pay and not having a social life, Who would want to do the job? we are already have over 30 less drivers than we should just to cover and that number is growing with new starter lasting weeks now, one did 2 days after passing there test and saw what it was really like and realised it wasnt good,

the people abusing and the work life balance are the worse its ever been and hopefully after a few attempts i can be out too soon,

Its all good wanting bus every 10 mins and it to go everywhere, and one route that dose this and a other route that does that, you can have all that but the bus will be sat in the depot as there will be no one to drive it

The managers have all the fancy titles and really nice pay with weekends with there family, nut just to let you know some dont even have a licance to drive a bus and there in charge

its going to get alot worse, its very unlikey to get better if things dont change

Edited by driver151