South Yorkshire Bus Service Needs Improvement

I see our friend Oliver is trying to appear clever again: https://southyorkshire-ca.gov.uk/about-the-mayor_Mayors-Question-Time

And the 'Shadow Transport Secretary is joining in: https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/news/politics/last-minute-sticking-plaster-saves-47-bus-services-from-the-axe-in-south-yorkshire-4034254

Edited by RollingJ

On 26/02/2023 at 15:06, RollingJ said:

Waste of time - that gentleman is as much use as his predecessor - none!

Even if so, SYPTE no longer exists on its being subsumed into the SYMCA- that 'M' means the so-called County Mayor.

Edited by Jeffrey Shaw

1 minute ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

Even if so, SYPTE no longer exists on its being subsumed into the SYMCA- that 'M' means the so-called County Mayor.

Doesn't matter whether it is Oliver Coppard or Dan Jarvis, they are both useless - 'County Mayor' or whatever fancy title they have.

On 24/02/2023 at 17:30, SCM1 said:

TX, but i want to speak to him, i speak to directors of social care, housing, comittee chairs, etc, its a democratic deficit, imo

not being pompous or anything, just gets resuklts this way

my main issue is there is no proper buses service now Wisewood onwards, and the only one finishes at 7pm, so basically a curfew.

call him when hes on Toby's show. normally once a month i think

but yeah dont bandy words like curfew around.

• 2 months later...
Guest busdriver1

New tendered service rounds.

The following has been lifted from another place and is the current situation regarding tendered services.

Please note, a company submitting a tender does NOT mean it will be accepted so dont jump to conclusions yet.

This is part of an ongoing series of tenders and has no bearing on any local election results or promises made in the lead up to them.

Mon-Sat daytime contracts have been budgeted and signed off. This will see a return of all contracts that have been tendered, if operators can deliver. From what I'm told there was only 1 LOT that didn't receive a bid for any work and that was the new Askern - Norton M51 shuttle service. Understand negotiations are underway for an enhanced 51 service instead.

So, subject to operators having enough resource we should see the return of services such as 114 Rotherham - Dovedale Road, 138 Rotherham - Kimberworth Park, 10/10A Sheffield - Manor Park/Manor Top, 32 Sheffield - Northern General Hospital and M17 Jordanthorpe - Dore, alongside various other services.

Evening/Sunday tenders are apparently sill under discussions and the initial signs aren't great. Revised contracts went out last week and were due back on Monday 1yr and 2yr prices, which clearly states either there isn't enough operators interested or there isn't the sufficient budget available.

Edited by busdriver1

£2 cap extended until 31st October. 

Fare cap will then rise to £2.50 until 30th Nov

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-extends-2-bus-fare-cap-and-protects-vital-services

1 hour ago, busdriver1 said:

So, subject to operators having enough resource we should see the return of services such as 114 Rotherham - Dovedale Road, 138 Rotherham - Kimberworth Park, 10/10A Sheffield - Manor Park/Manor Top, 32 Sheffield - Northern General Hospital and M17 Jordanthorpe - Dore, alongside various other services.

All services that were barely used before they were cut.

1 hour ago, Resident said:

£2 cap extended until 31st October. 

Fare cap will then rise to £2.50 until 30th Nov

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-extends-2-bus-fare-cap-and-protects-vital-services

All services that were barely used before they were cut.

That’s £2.50 until November 2024 by the way, not just for one month

9 minutes ago, northernboy said:

That’s £2.50 until November 2024 by the way, not just for one month

Cut buses and withdraw services, but don't worry we will keep fares lower for you to use. Talk about rubbing salt into the wound!