South Yorkshire Bus Service Needs Improvement

1 minute ago, Padders said:

To be fair to Irene, I actually find her very knowledgeable, maybe not always right but she puts up a dam good argument...

Always polite and never bickers, unlike some posters on the forum.

Serious question - knowledgeable in what? 'She' has zero credibility, IMO, when it comes to the operation of the PSV industry - which is the point of this topic.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Serious question - knowledgeable in what? 'She' has zero credibility, IMO, when it comes to the operation of the PSV industry - which is the point of this topic.

Not to mention use of phrases such as CONvid, Agenda 30 etc. 

Next she'll declare she's a Freeman... 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Resident said:

Not to mention use of phrases such as CONvid, Agenda 30 etc. 

Next she'll declare she's a Freeman... 

Buses in Sheffield are run by the Rothschilds and big pharma. Wake up sheeple. 

31 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Buses in Sheffield are run by the Rothschilds and big pharma. Wake up sheeple. 

Nope - Mainly First Buses and Stagecoach Group.😀 - but I assume you know that and are just being your usual 'funny' self.

3 hours ago, YorkieontheTyne said:

You have “never heard of a bus in Sheffield being robbed”. It happened to a driver out at Holmesfield. He had acid thrown in his face to relieve him of his takings.

This is why most buses have assault screens. You mention an isolated and rare incident. Bus drivers have been carrying cash since before you were born.  The CCTV cameras over the till are a good deterrent. 

2 hours ago, RollingJ said:

buses have 'dwell times' to enable them to comply with the timetables, not to 'allow for things such as this'. The timing points operate every day, not just on Mondays, and have been operational ever since there has been scheduled services.

I still see people buying these tickets...whether they pay with card or cash, these are still bought.. I've never known someone's cash to decline but I regularly see cards declining, the driver has to reset the till and they keep trying. Frustrating.

8 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Nope - Mainly First Buses and Stagecoach Group.😀 - but I assume you know that and are just being your usual 'funny' self.

Taking the mickey out of our good friend Love Potion, obviously. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

I still see people buying these tickets...whether they pay with card or cash, these are still bought.. I've never known someone's cash to decline but I regularly see cards declining, the driver has to reset the till and they keep trying. Frustrating.

Yes, people still buy them - albeit in a reducing volume, as most users now use m-tickets which they can buy at leisure - but I would dispute your claim that cards are 'regularly' declined. More often than not when this happens, it is because the passenger attempts to present their debit/credit card before the machine is ready, or they withdraw it before the transaction is complete.

25 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

This is why most buses have assault screens. You mention an isolated and rare incident. Bus drivers have been carrying cash since before you were born.  The CCTV cameras over the till are a good deterrent. 

26 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

“Bus drivers have been carrying cash since before I was born”. WRONG. Bus drivers have only carried cash since the 70’s. I’m from the 50’s.

• Like 1

Guest busdriver1
42 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

So when the fifth person in a row gets on the drivers first trip with a £20 note to pay for  a £6 ticket and the driver has no change left that is pretty well cash declining. Funny how since the introduction of change vouchers people have started to take responsibility and find the correct cash. As for drivers being robbed, the most recent incident I know of happened about 6 years ago but that does not mean there are not others.

Since the 70s / 80s drivers have started taking fares, before that it was conductors and they got robbed as well.

Guest busdriver1
20 hours ago, YorkieontheTyne said:

As long as I don’t have to ferret around for change.😜.

There is a 2 egg handling charge