South Yorkshire Bus Service Needs Improvement

7 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

It's less risky to keep a paper ticket safe in your wallet or purse than rely on a mobile phone being failsafe.

How often does a mobile fail? I've had one for 40 years and never known it fail on me. Yes, obviously I've changed phones over the years.

• Like 1

I’m a regular bus ( and train), user and it seems every third one fails to appear, eg last night, stood at the bus stop for 35 minutes, when one arrives, so grateful I can’t be bothered complaining. 

Attitude of companies seems to be that users are , young, old , poor, so it doesn’t really matter if we are inconvenienced 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RollingJ said:

How often does a mobile fail? I've had one for 40 years and never known it fail on me. Yes, obviously I've changed phones over the years.

I have had around 30 tablets & laptops break on me over the last 10 years and chargers can be known to stop working. 

There is also the hassle of making sure there is enough power on the device for the whole journey. If Ecclesfield Noob is using their device as much as it appears they do, then the power will easily drain.

6 hours ago, RollingJ said:

Aside from abusive use it's extremely rare in the first 2 years. 

Batteries are a different kettle of fish but again most battery issues are user error. 

2 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

I have had around 30 tablets & laptops break on me over the last 10 years 

Clearly you don't care for your devices as you should. 

The devices didn't break, you broke them. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

I have had around 30 tablets & laptops break on me over the last 10 years and chargers can be known to stop working. 

There is also the hassle of making sure there is enough power on the device for the whole journey. If Ecclesfield Noob is using their device as much as it appears they do, then the power will easily drain.

Shouldn't use them underwater then.

how can you conceivably break 30 tablets/laptops in 10 years. thats 3 a year and woull be covered under warranty if bought new. Im calling BS on this or you just break them

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

You must either be very unlucky, or very careless. The only times I've replaced tablets or phones has been when they have been way beyond end of support, and therefore increasingly impossible to run newer/upgraded programs on due to incompatibility.

I also charge tablets/phones overnight, and unless you hammer them, that should last yo long enough - if not, I also carry a powerbank, but very rarely have to use it.

Edited by RollingJ

9 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

Seriously? Your excuse making is getting ever more feeble.

Your clumsiness or even destructive tendencies are clearly your own problem. I'm glad someone's got money to throw around if you're able to break and replace 3 devices a year.  

As for the "hassle" of making sure there is enough power, there is none.   For the vast majority of normal people, charging a phone is second nature. It's something we all do every single day without thinking about it.

My current phone has a estimated battery life from full to empty of around 24 hours. More realistically, with intermittent use, it lasts around 14 to 16 hours before i need to top up. More than enough to get me through the day

On the very rare occasion, I might need longer battery life, I simply throw my cable into my bag and give it to top up when I'm sitting in the office or having a coffee or even sat on a train or bus.

You really are looking for problems that aren't there.

Edited by ECCOnoob
  • Like 1