South Yorkshire Bus Service Needs Improvement

12 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

It is cold, the past few days, I have been able to see my breath outside. We are on the cusp of winter. If you need to wear a coat outside, then you don't need the windows open on a bus. The bus's air conditioning system is designed to maintain a pleasant temperature onboard, with no need for opening windows. I observed a woman the other day, sitting down and opening a window whilst wearing a body warmer. If she took the body warmer off, she might cool down, without making everyone else cold in the process.

Most buses in SY don't have AC.

Even if the bus has climate control (not AC) then the constant opening and closing of the doors will mean the heating will be on full as it will never actually reach the preset temperature. 

Opening the windows isn't necessarily a heat thing either. Windows also provide FRESH air.  

• Like 2

https://walkleyhistory.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/transport-plan-kit-help-put-it-together-spiral-bound-booklet-144.pdf

Might be of interest to some of you on this thread.

37 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

People probably need to open the windows as no doubt the heating is on full whack, as said its not even cold yet and 60 people on a bus huddled together can generate a fair bit of heat on top. 

Bedroom window here is still open tbf. 

Oh aye, got 60 people in there have you? Disgusting! 😉

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

https://walkleyhistory.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/transport-plan-kit-help-put-it-together-spiral-bound-booklet-144.pdf

Might be of interest to some of you on this thread.

Oh aye, got 60 people in there have you? Disgusting! 😉

All 1,478 (and counting) of my forum multiples, mate.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Resident said:

Of which were introduced because of the selfishness of the OAPs.

When they were first introduced there were no restrictions to time of use. Complaints followed that workers who were using the buses were being crowded out by OAPs travelling during peak times in the morning for no real need. 

Remember when they were called "Twirlies"  Mr. R.