South Yorkshire Bus Service Needs Improvement

29 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Some on here would argue that with the customer always being right, the bus driver was wrong to not accept cash and he was justified in his physical attack... 

Well obviously this bus driver is a part of the global reset soros lizard people scheme to force us in to a cashless society, or something.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Some on here would argue that with the customer always being right, the bus driver was wrong to not accept cash and he was justified in his physical attack... 

They could try that - but the driver was following instructions from management - if he didn't, he would have been disciplined, or even sacked.

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

Baslow Road, your neck of the woods @RollingJ I didn't know there were roughians up there. The bus company not accepting cash means they were trading illegally, as a public service vehicle needs to accept cash by law. 

What was Baslow Road, @Irene Swaine ?-If you mean the article in the reply I quoted,  I  didn't know that as you have to sign in to read the full article, and there is no way I'm doing that.

At the time of that incident, I understand that requirement - if it still applies - was temporarily suspended under the COVID regulations.

13 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

What was Baslow Road, @Irene Swaine ?-If you mean the article in the reply I quoted,  I  didn't know that as you have to sign in to read the full article, and there is no way I'm doing that.

At the time of that incident, I understand that requirement - if it still applies - was temporarily suspended under the COVID regulations.

The bus driver was punched on Baslow Road, Totley. I have a suspicion it was at the stop across from Co Op, as that's the only one where I've seen a queue on there. 

It seems very poor of First Group not to better support the driver and move him to a different unit (route). 

4 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

The bus driver was punched on Baslow Road, Totley. I have a suspicion it was at the stop across from Co Op, as that's the only one where I've seen a queue on there. 

It seems very poor of First Group not to better support the driver and move him to a different unit (route). 

As I said, I was unable to read the full article, but knowing 'The Star's' reputation for accuracy...

Your 'suspicion' is just that, and I wouldn't go around claiming it as fact.

Bus drivers are not limited to one route (or group of routes), but usually work those they are familiar with.

7 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

As I said, I was unable to read the full article, but knowing 'The Star's' reputation for accuracy...

Your 'suspicion' is just that, and I wouldn't go around claiming it as fact.

Bus drivers are not limited to one route (or group of routes), but usually work those they are familiar with.

It's a shame that local news is limited to the shoddy Star and Yorkshire Post (both the same company). 

Bus drivers sign usually one or two routes and are trained on these routes. If you have a route as complex as the 18, you would not want someone unfamiliar attempting to remember all of the nooks and crannies they have to navigate. Occasionally, a driver may be asked to cover a different route in times of staff shortage, but this is not preferable in normal circumstances.

It's a shame First Group seem to be not able or not asked to give their side of the story by the "journalists".

Edited by Irene Swaine

10 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

It's a shame that local news is limited to the shoddy Star and Yorkshire Post (both the same company). 

Bus drivers sign usually one or two routes and are trained on these routes. If you have a route as complex as the 18, you would not want someone unfamiliar attempting to remember all of the nooks and crannies they have to navigate. Occasionally, a driver may be asked to cover a different route in times of staff shortage, but this is not preferable in normal circumstances.

It's a shame First Group seem to be not able or not asked to give their side of the story by the "journalists".

From my knowledge, First Sheffield train drivers on a number of routes, to, as you say, cover for sickness/holidays &c, but they can and do, move them around. Can't see the relevance of service 18 in this 'discussion', though.