South Yorkshire Bus Service Needs Improvement

Guest busdriver1
12 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

The fact that you actually quoted me as saying "...current bus contract..." leads to a much simpler explanation which is that in you haste you misread my posts.

Maybe there is another explanation. 

Maybe if someone is predictable, boring, always right despite any evidence, and could start a fight locked in solitary, people just speed read just in case for once he has something worthwhile to contribute, MAYBE

Just a thought.

Apologies if posted already -

From Sunday 2nd October there will be changes to some routes and timetables in South Yorkshire and North Derbyshire. Find your service in the list below to see if your journey will be affected. Full timetables will be added to the information below as soon as possible.

You can see details of services run by other bus companies on Travel South Yorkshire’s website

Changes to bus timetables in Chesterfield and North Derbyshire

Service 5 Chesterfield – Newbold

• 1650 journey on Sunday will no longer run.

Service 15 Chesterfield – Dronfield and Service 16 Broomfield – Dronfield

• These will be now operated by Stagecoach (previously TM Travel).

Service 25a Chesterfield – New Whittington

• Minor timetables changes to Sunday journeys.

Services 44 Chesterfield – Sheffield

• Monday to Saturdays daytime route on 44 will change to use Prospect Road instead of Dronfield Bypass giving 3 buses an hour on Prospect Road. Sheepbridge Industrial Estate will be served at peak times.

Services 50 and 50a Chesterfield – Sheffield

• Timetables will change across the week. This service will no longer be limited stop and will now serve all bus stops on the route between Birley and Sheffield.

Service 51 Chesterfield – Danesmoor

• Changes to Monday – Friday timetable, buses will run every 30 minutes at peak times.

Services 77 Chesterfield – Worksop

• There will be changes to the timetable on Sundays.

Services 80 and 80a Chesterfield – Sheffield

• There will be changes to the Monday - Friday afternoon timetable.

Service 84 Chesterfield – Holymoorside (new 170 service) 

• Service 84 is renumbered to service 170. Daytime journeys will be operated by Hulley's of Baslow. Monday – Saturday evenings and the 2220 journey on Sundays will be operated by Stagecoach.

The following bus timetables in Chesterfield will not change; 1, 1a, 2, 2a, 2b, 25, 39, 43, 54, 54a, 56a, 65, 65a, 66, 74, 74a, 90, X17.

The following bus timetables in North Derbyshire will not change; 26, 26a, 73, 74, 75, 130, 169, 216, 217, 470, M1 and M4. 

Changes to bus timetables in Sheffield

Service 6 Sheffield - Millhouses

• Route and timetable will change to serve Greystones Road and Bents Green to replace parts of service 83 previously run by First
  • Towards Millhouses, service 6 will use the current route from Hunters Bar as far as Greystones Rd, where it will then travel along Greystones Rd, High Storrs Rd, Ringinglow Rd & Knowle Lane, before using Ecclesall Rd S to re-join normal route on Carter Knowle Rd. Towards Sheffield the route will be the reverse of the above. 

Service 25 Woodhouse – Bradway

• All services will finish at Bradway, Mother Redcap. Longford Road will no longer be served.
  • Timetable will change to include evening journeys previously run by First. Stagecoach will now run all journeys on the 25 service.
  • Double decker buses will run on some journeys.
  • Stagecoach will also run the 725 school bus to and from Bradway and Meadowhead School.

Services 44 Chesterfield – Sheffield

18 minutes ago, busdriver1 said:

Maybe there is another explanation. 

Maybe if someone is predictable, boring, always right despite any evidence, and could start a fight locked in solitary, people just speed read just in case for once he has something worthwhile to contribute, MAYBE

Just a thought.

Not  maybe, just a matter of evidence.

The lack of any evidence to support your accusation that I inserted a word into a sentence to change its meaning.

The evidence provided through SF that I did not edit a post  to insert a word into a sentence to change its meaning. (post #1203)

The evidence you provided, when you included my original sentence in you reply.(post #1213).

I don't care what your reasons  or excuses are, just don't be as quick to make false accusations.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to rake an old post but can anyone explain to me why Stagecoach have christened the 57/57a the Stocksbridge flyer. Is it faster than the old SL1 and 1a?  Does it not call at some of the stops? Why don’t they give all the other routes names?

1 minute ago, BigAl1 said:

Sorry to rake an old post but can anyone explain to me why Stagecoach have christened the 57/57a the Stocksbridge flyer. Is it faster than the old SL1 and 1a?  Does it not call at some of the stops? Why don’t they give all the other routes names?

I have no idea, but AFAIK it is a 'normal stopping' route, presumably 'named' to persuade people to use it.

2 hours ago, BigAl1 said:

I've been told it was some bright idea from an MP to call it that. I doubt the locals will agree when they get a bus going 5 mph up carr road though.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

I've been told it was some bright idea from an MP to call it that.

Ah that would make sense try and persuade the locals that they are getting something new and better and hoping the gullible public  will fall for it - these guys really earn their salaries don't they?

• Haha 1