South Yorkshire Bus Service Needs Improvement

5 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

'stops' - didn't proof-read before hitting 'submit' .

No problem . Another thing I've just thought about , forget the posters . Why not put it on electronic signs at tram stops ?, rather than them being expensive clocks 

Edited by hackey lad
  • Like 1

Guest busdriver1
1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

No problem . Another thing I've just thought about , forget the posters . Why not put it on electronic signs at tram stops ?, rather than them being expensive clocks 

If the signs at the tram stops work the same way as the bus ones it will not be too easy. On the bus ones there is a facility to put VERY short messages on but that has to be done by the PTE / SYMCA not supertram. Need I say any more . . . . .

1 hour ago, busdriver1 said:

If the signs at the tram stops work the same way as the bus ones it will not be too easy. On the bus ones there is a facility to put VERY short messages on but that has to be done by the PTE / SYMCA not supertram. Need I say any more . . . . .

The signs have a rolling message. Quite easy to put “  Due to engineering works no trams will run from this stop this weekend. Please use replacement bus service “    . Simple as that 

9 hours ago, hackey lad said:

The signs have a rolling message. Quite easy to put “  Due to engineering works no trams will run from this stop this weekend. Please use replacement bus service “    . Simple as that 

But as pointed out above, IF the electronic signs are controlled by the SYCMA, what chance have you got?

13 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Don't do twitter .  Would putting a poster in the tram stop really be that difficult  ?

I have waited more than once for a tram that never came. Until I checked the twitter info on recent disruptions and found out about accidents or failure that is not always displayed properly on the live led information at stops either. 

This information cannot be put on posters, do you really think that when accident breakdown derailment or cabletheft happens employees will race to tramstops to put posters? 

Edited by dutch

12 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Most people miss the rolling message have you never noticed when the trams have been suspended and the idiots continue to display the times of the trams just how many people are waiting for the tram not noticing the message on the bottom saying there are no trams running

There is a big difference between what you might do when faced with "emergency suspension" and planned suspension as will happen this Sunday

Edited by BigAl1

15 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Don't do twitter .  Would putting a poster in the tram stop really be that difficult  ?

It is not the putting up that is the issue it is management grasping the concept of communication

I have noticed one tram conductor who does believe in customer service and he has made announcements to passengers on the tram that there will be no service on Sunday  now if only management and all the other conductors thought the same

2 hours ago, BigAl1 said:

It is not the putting up that is the issue it is management grasping the concept of communication

I have noticed one tram conductor who does believe in customer service and he has made announcements to passengers on the tram that there will be no service on Sunday  now if only management and all the other conductors thought the same

No service on Sunday where ?