South Yorkshire Bus Service Needs Improvement

Guest busdriver1
3 hours ago, Resident said:

Similar figures were offered for agency workers for First last year. Quite rightly a lot of their drivers found alternative employment because the management didn't want to give a decent pay-rise

I am more shocked to be cold called and based on out of date information. Where do they get names from. 

17 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

I am more shocked to be cold called and based on out of date information. Where do they get names from. 

I got a letter from Stobart's last year inviting me to apply. Apparently DVSA allowed them access to the PCV/HGV data. 

On 29/11/2022 at 17:24, busdriver1 said:

I am in shock! 

just been cold called by an agency offering bus driving work in Sheffield for £19 per hour and £24 at night and weekends !

Bit of a problem though, I gave up my PCV years ago and, its to work for Stagecoach who are looking like they have over stretched themselves when they took on all the work SYPTE / SYMCA asked them to. 

Told them my starting price for Stagecoach is £50 and that does not include my Sheffield weighting of 25%. They may call me back 🙂 ( I doubt it though)

If anyone is interested in the number of the agency send me a message through here, not gonna post it to prevent them being spammed.

Stagecoach website offering £11.70 PH then £12.60 after 8 pm and £17.40 on Sundays' with a welcome bonus of £1200 for qualified drivers ( with strings).

Did they say where? Depot wise, i left a month ago thank god, i got out after 13 years of driving buses, so happy now!

Edited by driver151

On 30/11/2022 at 00:51, Resident said:

Similar figures were offered for agency workers for First last year. Quite rightly a lot of their drivers found alternative employment because the management didn't want to give a decent pay-rise

Still wont tempt me back sorry to say, might be more money but i am sooo much happier after a month of leaving buses, The money is the tip of the iceberg with the bus companies

Guest busdriver1
7 hours ago, driver151 said:

Did they say where? Depot wise, i left a month ago thank god, i got out after 13 years of driving buses, so happy now!

Either Sheffield depot,  has someone over committed? 😂

13 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

Either Sheffield depot,  has someone over committed? 😂

oh big time, we as drivers told them it was never going to work and it showed how little the people high up getting paid more money working nice hours know so little about buses some havent even got a PCV licance making these descions,

But we was told it would work, as us drivers that had been there longer than the know it all managers knew nothing,

thing is the driver have found out about this now and they are not happy,

11 hours ago, driver151 said:

oh big time, we as drivers told them it was never going to work and it showed how little the people high up getting paid more money working nice hours know so little about buses some havent even got a PCV licance making these descions,

But we was told it would work, as us drivers that had been there longer than the know it all managers knew nothing,

thing is the driver have found out about this now and they are not happy,

Got greedy with the milage no-one else wanted because SYMCA didn't want to pay a reasonable tender fee.....

Guest busdriver1
19 hours ago, Resident said:

Got greedy with the milage no-one else wanted because SYMCA didn't want to pay a reasonable tender fee.....

The typical Stagecoach stunt, make all sorts of promises and play the part of bob the builder (yes we can)  then expect the impossible to be made to happen by the staff they underpay.

• 2 months later...
Guest busdriver1

Interesting to note that at 6 weeks prior to the declaration date for bus services to be provided by operators after the removal of CBSSG funding there has been a deafening silence from bus operators and the government has reduced the notice period from 6 weeks to 4 weeks. Given that there are  still some services that SYMCA have not been able to provide and the likelihood that no further funding will be forthcoming its not looking good for bus services, not just in the area but across the whole country. 

Time to buy an E-scooter maybe.