South Yorkshire Bus Service Needs Improvement

1 minute ago, Resident said:

Yes they do. Massive full posters in the bus stations and full ads on the the bus stops stating "Mayor's fare".

All part of the plan to garner further support for public ownership, along with the previous LIES about the level of funding requested by the operators when in fact it was Coppard and co lowballing to the point that the funding offered was comparable to the same as in the 1990s. 

Thanks, @Resident. Knew I'd seen the claims somewhere, but I intentionally ignore/shut out such garbage. 'Public Ownership = Political Control'.

• Like 1

Guest busdriver1
1 hour ago, Annie Bynnol said:

The BRG equivalent in Scotland is called the Network Support Grant Plus which has been revived and extended until 31 March.

and they have stated it will not be continued after that date

Going  back to the days of Jan Wilson, we've had a number of SCC leaders sign much trumpeted transport agreements with the the local bus companies, mainly First, which were supposed to result in a fantastic, integrated transport system that would serve the city. 

In the end, all that has resulted from such agreements is the bus companies have treated SCC leadere as mugs as the 'Partnerships Agreements' weren't worth the paper they were written on. 

1 minute ago, Baron99 said:

Going  back to the days of Jan Wilson, we've had a number of SCC leaders sign much trumpeted transport agreements with the the local bus companies, mainly First, which were supposed to result in a fantastic, integrated transport system that would serve the city. 

In the end, all that has resulted from such agreements is the bus companies have treated SCC leadere as mugs as the 'Partnerships Agreements' weren't worth the paper they were written on. 

And the Council have treated the operators the same way, for the same reason.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Those were basically the best that could be achieved under the legal framework in place.

Most places have similar ones, but of course they depend on the participants working as true partners.

1 minute ago, Planner1 said:

Those were basically the best that could be achieved under the legal framework in place.

Most places have similar ones, but of course they depend on the participants working as true partners.

so why was it that Sheffield got no money in its bid and other authorities did in April 2022?

1 minute ago, Planner1 said:

Interesting response - I wonder who the 'bad boys' were? I know one area in the UK where a true 'partnership' works, although a certain national operator seems to have excluded themselves - no surprise, knowing said operators methods.

I catch Stagecoach 50 bus when I go to town. I used to pay £3.60 return. Now I have been told by a driver, that option no longer exists, so I have to pay £2 each way. To be fair, he said I can't sell you that option, and let me on for free, even though I offered to pay the £2. Now I just pay the £2 but the cap does me no favours whatsoever.

19 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

I have heard that Manchester have a very good system well funded.

4 minutes ago, blackydog said:

I catch Stagecoach 50 bus when I go to town. I used to pay £3.60 return. Now I have been told by a driver, that option no longer exists, so I have to pay £2 each way. To be fair, he said I can't sell you that option, and let me on for free, even though I offered to pay the £2. Now I just pay the £2 but the cap does me no favours whatsoever.

We never get anything for nothing !