South Yorkshire Bus Service Needs Improvement

8 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

She has my sympathy - most drivers would have stopped, but there is the odd one that doesn't. However, if you want a bus, why not make sure you're ready for it - have your pass/fare ready before it comes, then you can sick your hand out and stop it - the way I always work, anyway.

The whole scenario lasted about 5 seconds, perhaps she had poor peripheral vision, who knows. The bus driver knew exactly what was happening though. 

6 minutes ago, Palomar said:

The whole scenario lasted about 5 seconds, perhaps she had poor peripheral vision, who knows. The bus driver knew exactly what was happening though. 

Unfortunately there is the odd driver that could do that. Like in every profession you get the few that let the rest down but it's not the majority thankfully.

• Like 2

Passenger--- Does this bus go to town?

Bus driver---No it doesn't,

Passenger--- Well you've got City on the front,

Bus driver--- We've got Fletchers bread on the side, but were not selling it..........

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Padders said:

Bus driver--- We've got Fletchers bread on the side, but were not selling it..........

If it says 'City' on the destination indicator, there is a 99.9% chance that's where it terminates - the driver was probably fed up of being asked the silly question.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Padders said:

From experience whilst on a bus usually they'll ask for the destination that's in the opposite direction then give the driver a dirty look when he tells them he's not going that way or it'll be a bus that crosses the city on it's normal route but this particular one terminates in the city for whatever reason and they're still sat there and get all mardy when driver tells them it's last stop, miles from where they wanna go.

6 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

If it says 'City' on the destination indicator, there is a 99.9% chance that's where it terminates - the driver was probably fed up of being asked the silly question.

People don't bother reading the destination. I've travelled on several buses of late that have had diversions in places for various road closures etc. Bus has had "On diversion, see driver" on the front and they've not bothered. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Resident said:

People don't bother reading the destination. I've travelled on several buses of late that have had diversions in places for various road closures etc. Bus has had "On diversion, see driver" on the front and they've not bothered. 

Not experienced that myself - must be lucky - but if they don't read the destination, especially at a stop that serves a number of routes, they could end up a considerable distance from where they thought they were going. 😄

• Like 1

Guest busdriver1
9 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Not experienced that myself - must be lucky - but if they don't read the destination, especially at a stop that serves a number of routes, they could end up a considerable distance from where they thought they were going. 😄

Had that myself years ago. I just laughed at them, not worth getting upset about.

I got on a bus last week, and there was a driver who called me a duck.

I gave the driver my money, and he said thanks duck

I'm not a duck

3 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

That's very true. Not bushes but we have a special button to cloak the bus so we can't be seen until we want to be. Aswell as that with the waiting at the bus stop we are supposed to wait until enough tuts from the passengers before leaving and we get a bonus payment the longer we can make the bus run late👍.

Of course all that could be fictitious as that quoted part, who knows🙂

Is that true, if so then there is no wonder there are so many unhappy customers

Edited by rogets

Of course all that could be fictitious as that quoted part, who knows

5 minutes ago, rogets said:

I got on a bus last week, and there was a driver who called me a duck.

I gave the driver my money, and he said thanks duck

I'm not a duck

Is that true, if so then there is no wonder there are so many unhappy customers

First part - how long have you lived in Sheffield - 'duck' or 'love' is still used by many as an alternative to 'mate/'pal' .

Second part - as said at the end of that quote 'Of course all that could be fictitious as that quoted part, who knows?'

13 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Of course all that could be fictitious as that quoted part, who knows

First part - how long have you lived in Sheffield - 'duck' or 'love' is still used by many as an alternative to 'mate/'pal' .

Second part - as said at the end of that quote 'Of course all that could be fictitious as that quoted part, who knows?'

Thought it was obvious I wasn't being serious (wouldn't say no to cloaking buses though, could be handy). Better make it more obvious next time.