South Yorkshire Bus Service Needs Improvement

10 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

I have had around 30 tablets & laptops break on me over the last 10 years and chargers can be known to stop working. 

There is also the hassle of making sure there is enough power on the device for the whole journey. If Ecclesfield Noob is using their device as much as it appears they do, then the power will easily drain.

LovePot, the only thing breaking down or running out of power are your excuses - they are becoming comedic now

Use Google Maps (or an atlas) to get yourself back on the right route

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MJ01 said:

LovePot, the only thing breaking down or running out of power are your excuses - they are becoming comedic now

Use Google Maps (or an atlas) to get yourself back on the right route

Very entertaining though.......

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Resident said:

Clearly you don't care for your devices as you should. 

The devices didn't break, you broke them. 

They all fail me. Sometimes with no warning. That's why I can't believe some people store their whole liFE on their mobile phones.

2 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

They all fail me. Sometimes with no warning. That's why I can't believe some people store their whole liFE on their mobile phones.

They fail you consistently at a rate of 3 a year.....hmmmm. 

Not a single person I know has tech with failure rates like that .  I work in a business whose staff has dozens and dozens of mobile phones, the absolute vast majority of which have been  working perfectly fine for several years now. 

Even my own personal mobile phones and laptops lasts perfectly well for years until I choose to upgrade it.

You really must be the most unfortunate person on the planet, right? 

I'm smelling bull in your story.

Edited by ECCOnoob
  • Like 1

Guest busdriver1
7 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

You do realise they need charging dont you?

On 12/06/2023 at 23:39, Irene Swaine said:

It's less risky to keep a paper ticket safe in your wallet or purse than rely on a mobile phone being failsafe.

Agreed, and a  lot of people seem to be missing the point here which is that no-one should be forced to have a cell phone , either on or off  contract, just in order to live their everyday lives.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, spilldig said:

Agreed, and a  lot of people seem to be missing the point here which is that no-one should be forced to have a cell phone , either on or off  contract, just in order to live their everyday lives.

Literally nobody is. Nobody.  Yes it makes it easier but if people dont want their lives to be easier, thats their problem.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, spilldig said:

I absolutely agree. I detest the assumption that we all have one. 

6 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

You do realise they need charging dont you?

Yes but the chargers stop charging or the tablet stops holding power. I bought an ALBA tablet from Argos and it lasted a week and broke one day, would not switch on, would not respond to charging. Terrible. 

1 hour ago, Irene Swaine said:

SNIPPED

I bought an ALBA tablet from Argos and it lasted a week and broke one day, would not switch on, would not respond to charging. Terrible. 

What were the other 29?

1 hour ago, Irene Swaine said:

I absolutely agree. I detest the assumption that we all have one. 

Yes but the chargers stop charging or the tablet stops holding power. I bought an ALBA tablet from Argos and it lasted a week and broke one day, would not switch on, would not respond to charging. Terrible. 

So why didn’t you take it back.  That must be a while ago

tell you what, when the phone or tablet you are using at moment breaks drop me a dm and I’ll buy it off you

Edited by sheffbag
  • Like 2