South Yorkshire Bus Service Needs Improvement

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

Was a general observation more than anything, I can't imagine this would create a huge new demand for an enhanced bus service. 

OK. Who knows what it would do, but in any case, travel choice/options/patterns change over time.  I suspect RMBC are just feeling miffed that the current application favours Sheffield.

to be honest there are onyl 2 buses that cover the Waverley estate

X74 Meadowhall to Sheffield at 1 an hour Mon-Fri only

73 - Sheff - Roth half hourly in week.

for an estate that big and the current AMRC there that isnt a lot and if the application went in with the A1 on it then someone didnt check it and RMBC were right to point it out

5 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

to be honest there are onyl 2 buses that cover the Waverley estate

X74 Meadowhall to Sheffield at 1 an hour Mon-Fri only

73 - Sheff - Roth half hourly in week.

for an estate that big and the current AMRC there that isnt a lot and if the application went in with the A1 on it then someone didnt check it and RMBC were right to point it out

I agree with your final comment - but to use that as an excuse to oppose the application?

5 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I agree with your final comment - but to use that as an excuse to oppose the application?

Given the sensitive nature of the local road network and the SRN [strategic road network] junction at M1 J33, the actions in the travel plan should be revisited to bring it up to date.

Thats the reason given. I find it ironic that the council would mention the "sensitive nature of the local road network" considering they are building a M1 service statino at J33 which will increase traffic and at the same time refuse to alleviate the traffic in the area by keeping Wood Lane closed.

If the plan is updated it will probably get approved

4 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

Given the sensitive nature of the local road network and the SRN [strategic road network] junction at M1 J33, the actions in the travel plan should be revisited to bring it up to date.

Thats the reason given. I find it ironic that the council would mention the "sensitive nature of the local road network" considering they are building a M1 service statino at J33 which will increase traffic and at the same time refuse to alleviate the traffic in the area by keeping Wood Lane closed.

If the plan is updated it will probably get approved

Can't argue with that, but I still fail to see why it is a valid grounds for 'opposing' the application.

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

So the area already has 3 buses an hour at peak times then essentially? Seems plenty enough tbf, if they correct the info don't see why it would be rejected. 

Not really and i stand corrected against my own post after looking again

it has an hourly service from rotherham (73) and realistically 1 bus (7:30 from bus station arriving 8:06) for anyone who starts at 9 as the service is hourly to Waverley and goes to Treeton on the other time it runs. for people coming from sheffield on the 73 again its an hourly service and if you work 9-5 then you will be at Waverley before 8 or at 9:20 as, for some reason the bus has a 90min difference in time instead of an hour at the time workers would use it the most. go figure

the other service X74 only goes Meadowhall to sheffield and doesnt touch rotherham.

So if you are coming from Rotherham then you realistically have 1 bus you can catch to work if you work 9-5 or 8:30-4:30 and then you have to wait around for a while at work

even at full service an estate the size of waverley needs a better network. it was promised a bus station in the orignial plans and to be part of the BRT scheme (which is why Wood lane is "buses only") but that never happened