South Yorkshire Bus Service Needs Improvement

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

I don't know, but a lot more than other bus stations which have more services. I have heard it is off-putting for bus companies. The precise amount will be commercial sensitive information and not disclosed publicly.

I understand that the costs seem to be off-putting for coach operators, they pick up and set down on the road instead, but from your post I thought you actually knew the amount.  How do you know that it's a lot more than other bus stations? What do other bus stations charge so I can hazard a guess?

Just now, RollingJ said:

Funny how all the 'staff' I see around are cleaners.

No, they are not. There are Customer Service Officers at the Welcome Desk and patrolling the platforms for customer service and security. They work in partnership with Bid Vest.

1 minute ago, Meltman said:

I understand that the costs seem to be off-putting for coach operators, they pick up and set down on the road instead, but from your post I thought you actually knew the amount.  How do you know that it's a lot more than other bus stations? What do other bus stations charge so I can hazard a guess?

£8 per bus per departure would be my guess. If you are trying to make a profit it can make a difference between a loss and profit.

Just now, Irene Swaine said:

No, they are not. There are Customer Service Officers at the Welcome Desk and patrolling the platforms for customer service and security. They work in partnership with Bid Vest.

In Sheffield, there is one bored guy in his tiny cubicle.

7 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Ask any local coach firm - I'm sure they would tell you.

Looks like I will have to do that J. From the content of  Irene's post I was expecting a knowledgeable response, but probably not. Oh apologies,  I've just seen that it's £8 per bus. Thank you. 

Edited by Meltman
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Not the same one as you, obviously.

Facilities at Sheffield Interchange

Customer Services Icon Customer Services

Our customer services staff are available onsite to provide:

Help with planning your journey

Travel advice

Printed Journey Assistance Cards on request

Source: www.travelsouthyorkshire.com