South Yorkshire Bus Service Needs Improvement

1 hour ago, YorkieontheTyne said:

Yep. Those wellies. A female incarnation of Compo. Perhaps she changed her name to Irene.

Yes, it was opened in 1992 but not completed fully until the Welcome Desk extension was built around 18 years ago. You are thinking of the old bus station, that was never referred to as an Interchange. Still, I don't suppose you know much about the current situation, being based in Newcastle.

5 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Yes, it was opened in 1992 but not completed fully until the Welcome Desk extension was built around 18 years ago. You are thinking of the old bus station, that was never referred to as an Interchange. Still, I don't suppose you know much about the current situation, being based in Newcastle.

The one almost on Flat Street? I have a strange feeling that was there prior to 2000

Edited by RollingJ

18 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

The one almost on Flat Street? I have a strange feeling that was there prior to 2000

Yes it got put there after the over bridge came down. 

1 minute ago, YorkieontheTyne said:

RollingJ.

Idiots and arguments. Remember.

Howaay pet! Danny be so hard on yaself leik. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Irene Swaine said:

The, as you call it 'old bus station " was opened in 1936 and was on the same site as the present one. It has always been an interchange where you could catch a bus, change from one bus to another or walk across to the railway station....very much as we can do now. Changing the name from bus station to interchange does not change the purpose of the site. 

Next you will be saying that Sheffield station (railway) opened in the early 1970's I  presume, just to be consistent. The Sheffield railway station, as many will know  was previously called  Sheffield Midland station , and originally Sheffield Pond Street station when first opened in the 1870's.....all on the same site. 

For information, the first railway station to open in Sheffield was in the Wicker, a branch line ran from  Rotherham to  Sheffield. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Meltman said:

change

13 hours ago, Meltman said:

Next you will be saying that Sheffield station (railway) opened in the early 1970's I  presume, just to be consistent. The Sheffield railway station, as many will know  was previously called  Sheffield Midland station , and originally Sheffield Pond Street station when first opened in the 1870's.....all on the same site. 

For information, the first railway station to open in Sheffield was in the Wicker, a branch line ran from

I know all about the railway station, I used to work there!

• Haha 2