South Yorkshire Bus Service Needs Improvement

On 07/11/2023 at 20:19, hello1964 said:

The 218 to Bakewell last Friday. The 11 am from Abbeydale Rd South,  took off at 1047am. Absolutely appalling,  then on the 1130am  service bloke was effing and blinding as he drove too. Disgraceful behaviour. 

On way back, neither 1540 or 1550 turned up til 1618. Shameful.

Impressive given the 11am bus was cancelled...  You may well have seen the late running 10:30am bus passing through around that time though... https://bustimes.org/services/218-bakewell-chatsworth-sheffield/vehicles?date=2023-11-03

The 1540 is a school bus from Lady Manners School near Bakewell, that appears to have run late https://bustimes.org/services/218-bakewell-chatsworth-sheffield/vehicles?date=2023-11-03#journeys/498472851

Edited by Andy C
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

First are now offering a £1,000 joining incentive. 

Most of the big companies are offering joining incentives to already qualified drivers, the whole industry has been struggling with driver shortages since the double whammy of Brexit and Covid.

37 minutes ago, Andy C said:

Most of the big companies are offering joining incentives to already qualified drivers, the whole industry has been struggling with driver shortages since the double whammy of Brexit and Covid.

I thought FSY had been offering this for a while, or did they stop it, and restart it?

It's a great shame that the Real Time Departure screen have been rolled out so erratically. For example, there are none for North East bound services on Ecclesall Road, these stops become very busy, including with tourists visiting The Botanical Gardens. Crookes has a screen outside Zara's but not one outside Hillsborough Electrical or opposite Saint Thomas Crookes church. Flat Street has screens, yet Pond Street doesn't. I find these screens very useful, as they are GPS tracked to the bus and are good for knowing if it's worth waiting or not. Atleast the steel poles in lieu of proper seating at bus stops seems to have been phases out though.

3 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

It's a great shame that the Real Time Departure screen have been rolled out so erratically. For example, there are none for North East bound services on Ecclesall Road, these stops become very busy, including with tourists visiting The Botanical Gardens. Crookes has a screen outside Zara's but not one outside Hillsborough Electrical or opposite Saint Thomas Crookes church. Flat Street has screens, yet Pond Street doesn't. I find these screens very useful, as they are GPS tracked to the bus and are good for knowing if it's worth waiting or not. Atleast the steel poles in lieu of proper seating at bus stops seems to have been phases out though.

AFAIK - there are screens on each platform, although they do show 'see timetables' occasionally. They are located high up to the left or right of the platform doors.

4 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

AFAIK - there are screens on each platform, although they do show 'see timetables' occasionally. They are located high up to the left or right of the platform doors.

I don't mean the ones at the Interchange, I mean the ones on the actual street, where the 120 stops towards Fulwood for example.