South Yorkshire Bus Service Needs Improvement

3 minutes ago, Andy C said:

I'd agree with you about the City Centre Connect but not the M17. Demand for such local links that aren't provided by other bus services have increased since Covid but the timetable is inadequate so it doesn't realise its potential - oh and the fact the damn thing never actually runs since TM Travel won the contract is a big reason not many passengers are carried!

Who sets the timetable? - presumably the SYCMA, so that bit is their fault. TM only won it because no-one else wanted it.

5 minutes ago, Andy C said:

it is exactly the sort of service that would be perfect for South Pennine Community Transport minibuses...

1 minute ago, Andy C said:

Maybe join the 181 and M17 into one route with minibuses running City - Ringinglow - Dore - Totley - Bradway - Greenhill - Jordanthorpe  hourly throughout the daytime including commuter times.

Would South Pennine want it?

Have a word with Oliver.

We need more services like the M17, especially in the South West where there is a chronic shortage of local services off the main roads. 

TM Travel have been struggling with fleet reliability. Unfortunately, they had to take on some different buses because of the CAZ nonsense and they have proved less reliable.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

We need more services like the M17, especially in the South West where there is a chronic shortage of local services off the main roads. 

TM Travel have been struggling with fleet reliability. Unfortunately, they had to take on some different buses because of the CAZ nonsense and they have proved less reliable.

They would never use the ex-Lothian vehicles on the M17 route though.

4 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

No but drivers have told me it's a considerable amount. The depot in Halfway is tiny. They don't have a large fleet like First do.

Next time I catch a TM, I'll ask for a few details. The TM operation has always been small, even when was owned by the original owners, and Wellglade have always kept it small, although it is a little bigger than the operation they took over. They also have a number of other small operations.

6 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Next time I catch a TM, I'll ask for a few details. The TM operation has always been small, even when was owned by the original owners, and Wellglade have always kept it small, although it is a little bigger than the operation they took over. They also have a number of other small operations.

Yes they operate services in Derby and the Nottingham trams too but like to keep their businesses separate.

I know about their operation, thank you, as I do many other PSV companys. They operate elsewhere. but are only a member of a consortium with regards to the  Nottingham tram operation (12.5% holding).

They are not the only concern which retains local names - the very much bigger Go-Ahead Group, for one, does exactly the same.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I know about their operation, thank you, as I do many other PSV companys. They operate elsewhere. but are only a member of a consortium with regards to the  Nottingham tram operation (12.5% holding).

They are not the only concern which retains local names - the very much bigger Go-Ahead Group, for one, does exactly the same.

Yes, and Buses Of Somerset by First too.