South Yorkshire Bus Service Needs Improvement

6 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

I notice the X78 has now been branded Mainline, those of us who lived here in the 1990s will remember that Mainline were the primary bus operator in Sheffield, before First took over. 

And we would also know that 'Mainline' was the name chosen by the management buyout team that took over from Sheffield Corporation Transport.

Edited by RollingJ

Guest busdriver1
Just now, hackey lad said:

While we’re on about buses  , why did the number 41 commonly known as the Hackey flyer get renumbered to the 120 ?. I know it’s an old gripe but wondered why 

Interference from SYPTE. 

16 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

I have family from Hackenthorpe and they always referred to the 41 as The Hackey Flyer. I thought it was just my family who called it that!

Anyone of an age grew up with the “ Hackey Flyer” for many years . In the club at bingo number 41 was greeted with shouts of Hackey Flyer . It was a part of history wiped away by someone sat in an office . For no reason 

Edited by hackey lad

3 hours ago, RollingJ said:

And we would also know that 'Mainline' was the name chosen by the management buyout team that took over from Sheffield Corporation Transport.

To my knowledge, only one bus has branded as Mainline. The rest are awaiting their final liveries

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

Cheeers, @Resident. Out of curiosity, when was it done? - certainly not on the Doncaster open day early June.

Very recent. On the Open day they were all still in the 'not yet dressed' livery. 

I suspect the constant vandalism of the phone chargers/tables is delaying things. 

1 minute ago, Resident said:

Very recent. On the Open day they were all still in the 'not yet dressed' livery. 

I suspect the constant vandalism of the phone chargers/tables is delaying things. 

Thought as much - saw a couple of those 'undressed' ones in service on my trips on the day.

54 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

While we’re on about buses  , why did the number 41 commonly known as the Hackey flyer get renumbered to the 120 ?. I know it’s an old gripe but wondered why 

Somewhere on SF there is a post I made many years ago about the 60/40 buses which were successively the route from the station/Pond Street to the University and the Broomhill hospitals and Fulwood. 

The post was based on some information I had gleaned from people who should not have been talking publicly,  about creating a cross city service. Apparently sensitive a request came through SF asking where I got the information from, which I ignored. A few months later the cross city 120 began. It was nothing to do with the SYPTE.