Reed Recruitment Online, Appalling

Anyone used them to recruit, I know it  is the bank holiday but I posted a job Friday night, I need a carer and the job is still not activated, I have had two applicants who i can't contact yet till Reed OK me. Whats as bad i rang their 0845 number, didn't get through, cut off twice, and now find out that my call is as a special rate and gone over my cap, how can Reed do this?  This is all before I even begin the recruitment process, goodness know what will happen then.

ANNA...What on earth are you talking about??? 

Reed is a private company. They can operate their own service how they want. Given the fact that the advert was only posted on Friday night and it is a bank holiday weekend I am hardly shocked there has been no action at this stage.

Privatisation has nothing to do with it. 

The original poster could have easily put the advert through the government operated Jobcentre but given the time frame it still would not been dealt with.  

To the original poster ..... I do think your expectations are completely wrong. Just because reed are an online recruiter they will still likely operate within normal office hours. There are very little agencies that operate any sort of 24/7 service. Chances are it will be at least tomorrow before anything happens and you will be working within the same sort of operational hours when you are dealing with the rest of the recruitment process.  That is not just with that company but any such similar recruitment companies.  

If you really need someone that urgent I would forget posting an advert and start ringing round the temping agencies on the phone tomorrow.

Edited by ECCOnoob

40 minutes ago, gamezone07 said:

ok, what about the humungous cost of their helpline?

Oh, and there were people there, i just got cut off, twice, while paying for through the nose.

I don't know what you want me to say.

It's a business. They are not compelled to provide some free contact number. You chose to use it and lots of other companies use 0845 numbers so I don't know why you are singling them out. 

Btw, 0845 numbers are not "humongous costs" in fact from a landline they will be merely pennies per minute. The fact that your mobile operator doesn't include them in your call allowance is not any fault of Reed.

I'm not being obtuse but I feel you are being unreasonably critical in your posts. Your expectations are quite frankly inaccurate.

You posted something on a Friday night after what would be deemed normal office hours and on a bank holiday weekend. I really don't see how you can complain that your request was not actioned. This is a recruitment company not some emergency out-of-hours service.   Unless they expressly stated that it would be dealt with immediately I don't think it ureasonable to expect such matters to be picked up the next working day.

As I have suggested earlier, if you really need to fill the vacancy immediately you should contact the temping agencies on the phone tomorrow who are likely to be able to find someone quickly rather than waiting for your advert to be responded to. 

15 hours ago, gamezone07 said:

Anyone used them to recruit, I know it  is the bank holiday but I posted a job Friday night, I need a carer and the job is still not activated, I have had two applicants who i can't contact yet till Reed OK me. Whats as bad i rang their 0845 number, didn't get through, cut off twice, and now find out that my call is as a special rate and gone over my cap, how can Reed do this?  This is all before I even begin the recruitment process, goodness know what will happen then.

Because they are a business, who are fully entitled to charge for every service they provide.

Have you used Reed before? Do you have a track record of doing business with them? An account with them?

Do you work for free over the weekend and  bank holiday? I don't, in fact I put my rates up, as do most.

If you want defend huge multi nationals practices, ok, that up to you, but especially for online, its money for old rope, and Indeed, another firm, don't even charge if you don't want the job sponsored, I have many more emails from applicants even in the first day than i have had with Reed.

Edited by gamezone07

3 minutes ago, gamezone07 said:

If you want defend huge multi nationals practices, ok, that upto you, but especially for online, its money for old rope, and Indeed, another firm, don't even charge if you don't want the job sponsored, I have many more mails even in the first day than i have had with Reed.

Odd that you were happy to use the huge multinational in the first place.

I agree with others; you expected too much from Reed.