Pharmacy Now Charging For Delivering Medication.

Just had medication delivered from Lloyds pharmacy and from October they are now making a charge of £60 for 12 months for a single  delivery of medication or £90 for household per year. Just wondering if this is all pharmacies or just Lloyds

32 minutes ago, kay1 said:

Just had medication delivered from Lloyds pharmacy and from October they are now making a charge of £60 for 12 months for a single  delivery of medication or £90 for household per year. Just wondering if this is all pharmacies or just Lloyds

My chemist isn’t Lloyds but I have my medication delivered. I will ask next time I go in there.

1 hour ago, kay1 said:

I think its a good thing to charge, it might encourage people to get more exercise.

I phoned Lloyds about something else and was told incidentally that there was going to be a £5 per delivery charge from October.  In response to  El Cid -  I would LOVE to get more exercise and not only to get my medication; I am housebound as I expect to be the case for many others who have their regular medication delivered probably for the rest of their lives!

2 hours ago, El Cid said:

I think its a good thing to charge, it might encourage people to get more exercise.

Thanks for your comment, I am unable to get more exercise!! that is the reason I have to have medication delivered along with a lot more elderly and sick and disabled we don't all have family to collect for us

1 hour ago, kay1 said:

Thanks for your comment, I am unable to get more exercise!! that is the reason I have to have medication delivered along with a lot more elderly and sick and disabled we don't all have family to collect for us

It really was a unsympathetic comment and speaks volumes on how invisible disabled and sick people are, and their needs ignored.

48 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

I would change chemist if you can, but once one starts to charge then I think they will all start to do the same eventually.

People will keep changing as that happens

Edited by gamezone07

7 hours ago, kay1 said:

not heard anything

3 hours ago, kay1 said:

Why do you feel the comment was aimed at you, rather than a general comment?