Jam Factory, The Palais

Shoomer

Discuss?

Well, yeah, it has to be well up the list!

My name is Solid State and I was the main Sheffield resident at the Jam Factory throughout its brief run from Sept 1991 to June 1992.

For those who don't recall this night, the other residents were Anwar and Green, Dave Seaman and Dave Ralph (Ralphy).

Anyway, I have one tape from The Jam Factory, dating from April 1992... it's of me (sorry, not Dave Seaman!)

I also have access to a tape of the April 92 Sasha appearance (provided my mate Rich still has it... a slightly long shot but you never know!)

There are also several tapes still existing of my Fantasy FM Saturday show, and several home mixes that are basically Jam Factory demo's.

Let me know if you are interested in copies of any of these.

PS I too would be interested to hear from others who have managed to hold onto Jam Factory or Fantasy FM tapes from the 1991-92 era.

... Is There Anybody Out There? :-)

Thanks for the nostalgia trip Solid, :clap: X

• 1 year later...

Hi all, I live in Scunthorpe and used to go to the Jam Factory between 1991 and 1992.

Please forgive me if dates and events do not add up, my memory is not what it used to be.:)

I have a couple of tapes from this club, one by Dave Seaman from 27/06/92 and another one from 91 (think this one is Ralphy but not too sure).

I had some of the best nights ever in the Palais, E'd and whizzed up, dancing my head off and not a care in the world.

I am trying to put these tapes onto youtube this week hopefully and i will link them here when i get that done.

I will always remember a chap with a short beard gurning like a madman chatting with me while i was getting a back massage off my girlfriend.

Hi all, I live in Scunthorpe and used to go to the Jam Factory between 1991 and 1992.

Please forgive me if dates and events do not add up, my memory is not what it used to be.:)

I have a couple of tapes from this club, one by Dave Seaman from 27/06/92 and another one from 91 (think this one is Ralphy but not too sure).

I had some of the best nights ever in the Palais, E'd and whizzed up, dancing my head off and not a care in the world.

I am trying to put these tapes onto youtube this week hopefully and i will link them here when i get that done.

I will always remember a chap with a short beard gurning like a madman chatting with me while i was getting a back massage off my girlfriend.

I remember a crowd from Scunny that used to go, could have been you and your mates (sorry I didn't have a beard).

It would be great to hear the Ralphy tape. I've long since given up trying to persuade Green to rip his Palais tapes but I've got about a dozen from Shelley's where Seaman and Ralphy were playing a lot of the same stuff. PM me if you want the details.

Thanks for the flyers Green. I didn't realise JF only started on 28 September. The first time I went was 5 October, which must have been the second week, but I thought it had been going for a while by then.

• 2 weeks later...

What a truly amazing night that was. Will never forget it. The best new years eve which ended the best year of my life for many reasons. All my mates went to Shelleys but I went to the Palais with my new girlfriend of only 3 weeks. Shes now my wife and this is our 20th year together (obviously lol)

Thanks for posting the flyer. This really has brought back memories.

Wish we could get a good palais/JF reunion up and running. Looking forward to Techno City on Saturday.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived