Which Tv Programmes Do You Switch Off ?

pattricia

36 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Don’t Rock The Boat ! A soggy format that challenges 12 celebrities to row from Cornwall to Scotland with not a hint of chemistry between them.! I shan’t be watching any more episodes.! To think that people get paid for doing this !

I havn't seen it but if it was any good it would probably be hijacked by nondescript Z list  celebs like most of the good game shows. :roll:

Just watched  ten minuets of Clarkson on Millionaire first time ever, flamin nora! He needs someone stood behind him with a cattle prod or the contestant to to grab his lapels every five minuets and give him a good shake, he is like a wet lettuice, :gag:

On 03/11/2020 at 20:52, PRESLEY said:

Just watched  ten minuets of Clarkson on Millionaire first time ever, flamin nora! He needs someone stood behind him with a cattle prod or the contestant to to grab his lapels every five minuets and give him a good shake, he is like a wet lettuice, :gag:

Not as good as Chris Tarrant is he ? 

5 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Tarrant had a bit more life in him, a bit springy and more enthusiastic, Clarkeson is lifeless and dull,  in a nutshell, BORING, :hihi:

Personally I think the opposite. Tarrant held the position long enough and the world is awash with smiley, springy, enthusiastic, jazz hand, shiny jacket game show hosts.

I think Clarkson has been a bit of a fresh air.

The pace of the show has picked up, he doesn't linger on mollycoddling the contestants and in his usual jovial way he will call them out and they do something stupid.  

Is anything let's down the current run of the program is the fact that the schedulers decided in their wisdom to put them all together over a couple of weeks rather than spacing them out once a week. To me that's the equivalent of having all your 3 course dinner on the plate at once.

44 minutes ago, pattricia said:

I agree. Looks as though he’s had a couple of pints before coming on the show !

I don't blame him. I would be too if I had to record 4 or so episodes a day.

Despite the glamorous image on camera the world of TV is like shelling peas for routine shows like quiz programs.   

12 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Personally I think the opposite. Tarrant held the position long enough and the world is awash with smiley, springy, enthusiastic, jazz hand, shiny jacket game show hosts.

I think Clarkson has been a bit of a fresh air.

The pace of the show has picked up, he doesn't linger on mollycoddling the contestants and in his usual jovial way he will call them out and they do something stupid.  

Is anything let's down the current run of the program is the fact that the schedulers decided in their wisdom to put them all together over a couple of weeks rather than spacing them out once a week. To me that's the equivalent of having all your 3 course dinner on the plate at once.

I don't blame him. I would be too if I had to record 4 or so episodes a day.

Despite the glamorous image on camera the world of TV is like shelling peas for routine shows like quiz programs.   

Well he doesn’t have to do it ! He’s rich enough anyway ! He just looks very bored at times, which Tarrant never did.

5 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Well he doesn’t have to do it ! He’s rich enough anyway ! He just looks very bored at times, which Tarrant never did.

Your right , for my money he is all wrong for this show,  if they brought back a night time version of Jackanory and read the stories there wouldn't be many insomniacs knockin about. :hihi: