Sheffield United V Relegation

Box11

Just now, Box11 said:

Another game lost...

Same old story...

It might of been however you have got 3 points from your last 3 games, I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone expecting that. Now onto games you should be expected to get points,last season anyway so who knows

2 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

It might of been however you have got 3 points from your last 3 games, I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone expecting that. Now onto games you should be expected to get points,last season anyway so who knows

Wishful thinking...

On 27/01/2021 at 12:28, Padders said:

Who can forget the Owls trying to compete in 1999, how much did they spend on,

Carbone, Di Canio, Sibon, Walker, and others whose names I can't remember.

Only for Danny Wilson to take them down.

They've never actually recovered from that fiasco.

All those players were class acts, I think most left before relegation.

1 hour ago, Padders said:

Yep, how many is that by the odd goal, and Man City.

Couple of decent goalscorers and Blades would be mid table.

Very true...

They need goalscorers and quick....

Brewster is turning out to be a total waste of money...

8 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

How do you work this theory out? 

There are 17 games to go! It's hardly the final countdown is it?  Brighton have got Spurs and Liverpool over the next few days, two games in which I expect them to get nothing what so ever. If we beat West Brom on Tuesday night, suddenly the gap is only 7 points with 48 points to play for......I don't see how you can possibly come to this conclusion with so many points to play for. Especially when in all fairness, we are looking the best we have looked at season at the minute as well.

If we keep picking up points and closing that gap on Brighton, there are a few more teams at present who could quite easily find themselves dragged into the mix as well. The gap is currently within distance, with plenty of points up for grabs! 

Wish I could share your optimism Monkes,

I sort of agree with what your saying, but they can't ruddy score.

As I've said in a previous post,

All the games they have lost by one goal (how many) and against the top sides.

If They could only score they would be mid table now.

Can't see things changing anytime soon, this problem has persisted for 2 seasons now.

Still plenty of time left as you say,

We can live in hope.

1 hour ago, cmonkes said:

There are 17 games to go! It's hardly the final countdown is it?  Brighton have got Spurs and Liverpool over the next few days, two games in which I expect them to get nothing what so ever. If we beat West Brom on Tuesday night, suddenly the gap is only 7 points with 48 points to play for......I don't see how you can possibly come to this conclusion with so many points to play for. Especially when in all fairness, we are looking the best we have looked at season at the minute as well.

If we keep picking up points and closing that gap on Brighton, there are a few more teams at present who could quite easily find themselves dragged into the mix as well. The gap is currently within distance, with plenty of points up for grabs! 

I agree your not out of it just yet but depends on if you've sorted your hoodoo against the lesser teams. The win against the mancs will mean nothing if you can't beat West brom. 

If I was a betting man I'd still back you beating the drop rather than us though still.

I've just been sent this link:  https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/chris-wilder-makes-sheffield-united-19736379.amp#aoh=16120478980127&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s

Tricky one isn't it?  Looks like the club is expecting the best but preparing for the worst?   Clearly don't want to sign anyone on an expensive contract & wages.

Obviously Wilder is the manager of the team but looks he's been told he can't bring any new players in, it's not his call & any statement that new players won't be coming in should he delivered by the like of the Prince, not Wilder, as he's not responsible for providing the finance but will be first in line from scrutiny in the coming weeks from the media, if the story is true?

Edited by Baron99

2 hours ago, cmonkes said:

Spot on - so many people have written us off with so many points to play for.  We've got so few players fit and yet we still beat Man U and only lose 1-0 against City.  Think what we could do to a lot of the others........

Have faith people!