Sheffield United V Relegation

Box11

2 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

I won't say my suspicions were right, but I think my suspicions were right. Score a few more goals (not massacres), but at least 1 or 2 a game, and you'll be fine. I said this months ago. I didn't get any recognition then, or when I reiterated it recently.

Wilder teams don't surrender easily. None of 'em.

Sorry - should have, as I've been saying for a while I still think we'll be safe.

2 hours ago, Padders said:

Last chance saloon tonight.. Must win, no ifs, no buts.

Vital match, yes.  It's only 3 points though.  IF we lose, we've still got plenty of matches left to turn it round.  Have faith!

46 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Sorry - should have, as I've been saying for a while I still think we'll be safe.

Vital match, yes.  It's only 3 points though.  IF we lose, we've still got plenty of matches left to turn it round.  Have faith!

Think conditions will suit tonight, Blade's not got the most skill full of players.

What they have got is hard working, determined grafters, should bode well.

Just watched MOTD...

CW saying we have nothing to lose and to just get out and play like last season....

About <removed> time CW attacking football is the way defensive football only results in points being dropped....

CW have more faith in Billy Sharpe I know he's 34 soon to be 35 but so what...

He's the best goal poacher Sheffield United have at the moment forget pretty football staying up is all that counts....

And to think you were going to sub him for Brewster oh dear...

CW never forget how you got to the Premier league from League One positive attacking football....

Edited by nikki-red
Masked swearing

Another really gutsy show when you consider the facts:

• Baldock clearly not fit but playing right wing-back and having to go off injured
  • Right sided Bogle playing left wing-back as no left footed defenders were fit
  • no other midfielders fit in case of injuries

Presumably that is why we played down the left most of the first half but only Fleck felt comfortable crossing with his left foot.  Goldie kept dropping into midfield so even when midfielders thought about crossing, only Sharp was in the box.  Improved when a half-fit McBernie was introduced.    A Billy Sharp inspired win against a poor West Brom side, but let's hope that gets some confidence going.

A few days rest now before we play Chelsea on Sunday - hopefully more players will be available for selection!   The table is starting to look a little better!

If Wilder starts with the same formation against Chelsea, that he played in the second half last night, we could get a point although probably not all three. Norwood was excellent for us in the Championship but now he's yesterday's man and looks like a liability against good Premier League sides. I think we'd have got a lot more points this season if Wilder had played with a number 10 from the start but that defensive formation which has become stale and predictable has cost us.