Sheffield United V Relegation

Box11

24 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Still very early days for both Sheffield sides. Of course I'd love it to continue for both of us but too many points to play for yet. 

Yes very early days but they need to believe they can win early in the season.....

It’s no good playing like Pele on the training ground then playing like a pub player on match day when it counts !!!!....

Points on the board and goals that’s what counts if Sheffield United aren’t careful there will be many teams in this league that are going to be too hard to catch up with period !!!!...

I thought the whole idea was to challenge for a return to the Premier League not just survive in the Championship !!!!....

Get someone in there to speak to each individual player and boost their confidence and get them to believe they are a winning team before it’s too late and certain fans are saying  !!!!!.....

“ Oh well we should get out of league one straight away no problem”......,,,,

Believe me if they do get relegated again they will be there for a while and that’s a crying shame especially after all that hard graft to get out !!!!!!......

8 hours ago, cmonkes said:

Let me see.... slav didn't won in his first 4 games as Watford manager, how did that end up again?

He only managed 4 wins in his first 17 games as Fulham Gaffer.....Hold on, hold on...How did that end up again?

New Gaffer, new formation, new style, soon to be more new players......what they need is time for it all to fall into place and for so called doom and gloom experts to back off.

The talks of relegation after three games....comical

Shhhhhhhhh!  You've given the game away, and negatively affected my financial future! 

I was waiting for another couple of games before backing us to get promoted.  Before the Huddersfield match, I could have only got 7/2.  After it, 11/2.  Another couple of poor results while he tried out different formations and players, a couple of signings before the deadline and the shipping out of a couple of midfielders if we could get money for them, and I'd happily part with folding currency for odds of 8/1 or more.

5 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Still very early days for both Sheffield sides. Of course I'd love it to continue for both of us but too many points to play for yet. 

NERVY-OWL......

Im sure comments like that was said at the beginning of last season and look what happened then !!!!....

It’s like history repeating itself and seems like no one has learnt their lesson especially Sheffield United !!!!.....

Way too early to start talking about relegation matters but not too early to try & sort out clear issues at The Lane.  

Jokanovic has inherited CW's team.   With the addition of a few high profile, highly expensive & supposedly better quality, more skillful players, this is the same squad that stormed the Championship & surprised the Premiership in their first season, albeit, even then,. goal scoring was limited.  What I can't understand why this squad now looks incapable of cutting it in tbe Championship? 

Players.  You would have trouble saying that anyone of them had even a half decent game or put a full shift in against Huddersfield.  All were sluggish, playing at half pace, easily loosing the ball / being shoved off the ball, not winning the second ball.  It does look as though some are playing for a move?  Some commentators say that players are struggling to adapt to new tactics & formations?  For God sake.  We're talking about highly paid, professional footballers.  If they can't adapt, they shouldn't be in the game.  Did they not play to different formations before they arrived at The Lane & what do they expect to play to for their next team, when they move on? 

As for moving on.  I'd quite happily wave goodbye to McBurnie, (never took to him & he's never fitted in with us); an overweight Berge & Burke; goal shy Brewster and the likes of Fleck who has now lost what he previously brought to the side. 

Jokanovic.  Blameless at the moment & I'd quite happily give him at least 2 season, unless things don't improve by early December.  However, if the rumours I've heard today are true that he won't be handed the Ramsdale money or the majority of the parachute payment money to bring in players he wants, to play the style he wants to play, I could see him walking before Christmas.  And who would blame him? 

Looking for positives; there was a 20 minute period in the second half when the crowd got behind them that we looked a little bit useful.

And the new gaffer had taken on board what people said and swopped the team around a bit.

But I still reckon he will be gone before Christmas should this dismal run continue.

Slavs got his team selection and tactics wrong from the first game of the season . For the last 5 years  the youth teams to the first team have been geared towards playing a 3-5-2 formation. He’s tried to change that overnight and it’s been a disaster.

Yesterday I think the penny might have dropped, and the result aside we were a lot better.If he takes the pragmatic approach and changes the tactics gradually when he brings his own players in then he could be a success. If not then we’ve got David Wier mark 11 on our hands .

Evolution not Revolution 

9 hours ago, Box11 said:

NERVY-OWL......

Im sure comments like that was said at the beginning of last season and look what happened then !!!!....

It’s like history repeating itself and seems like no one has learnt their lesson especially Sheffield United !!!!.....

It was said with good reason last season. I'm not saying you shouldn't be worried, it's been know for teams to drop again straight from the premiership but you can't have a better manager in place, you just need to give him chance to get the tactics working.

Promotion straight back to the premiership is looking like a pipedream at the minute though

9 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Way too early to start talking about relegation matters but not too early to try & sort out clear issues at The Lane.  

Jokanovic has inherited CW's team.   With the addition of a few high profile, highly expensive & supposedly better quality, more skillful players, this is the same squad that stormed the Championship & surprised the Premiership in their first season, albeit, even then,. goal scoring was limited.  What I can't understand why this squad now looks incapable of cutting it in tbe Championship? 

Players.  You would have trouble saying that anyone of them had even a half decent game or put a full shift in against Huddersfield.  All were sluggish, playing at half pace, easily loosing the ball / being shoved off the ball, not winning the second ball.  It does look as though some are playing for a move?  Some commentators say that players are struggling to adapt to new tactics & formations?  For God sake.  We're talking about highly paid, professional footballers.  If they can't adapt, they shouldn't be in the game.  Did they not play to different formations before they arrived at The Lane & what do they expect to play to for their next team, when they move on? 

As for moving on.  I'd quite happily wave goodbye to McBurnie, (never took to him & he's never fitted in with us); an overweight Berge & Burke; goal shy Brewster and the likes of Fleck who has now lost what he previously brought to the side. 

Jokanovic.  Blameless at the moment & I'd quite happily give him at least 2 season, unless things don't improve by early December.  However, if the rumours I've heard today are true that he won't be handed the Ramsdale money or the majority of the parachute payment money to bring in players he wants, to play the style he wants to play, I could see him walking before Christmas.  And who would blame him? 

There was one catalyst to your success - Wilder, he got players playing probably 40% above their ability and built a great team spirit, he was the glue that held it altogether.

7 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

It was said with good reason last season. I'm not saying you shouldn't be worried, it's been know for teams to drop again straight from the premiership but you can't have a better manager in place, you just need to give him chance to get the tactics working.

Promotion straight back to the premiership is looking like a pipedream at the minute though

I agree 👍🏻👍🏻......