Sheffield United V Relegation

Box11

16 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

WBA are a poor side and whilst United had enough chances to win the game the Baggies looked far more comfortable on the ball, a huge task for Wilder to turn this around.

I honestly don't think CW can turn it around...

As I have said there is something seriously wrong at that club and it needs sorting asap before it is too late.....

Edited by Box11

3 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

I was interested to see that Chris put faith in pace (Burke playing and Brewster and Mousett on the bench), and intended to really aim for all 3 points (with 3 forwards on the bench).  I didn't see the game, but listened to the commentary, and Keith Edwards said we played well, but things just didn't go for us.

All we can hope is that they do start going for us shortly, or we're in trouble!

They're already in trouble....

Serious trouble at that !!!!!!!

Expected you to beat West brom, not good if you can't even beat these and another game without even scoring.  Saying that you are creating chances so maybe just need a chance to go in to give you a kick start.

At least you have took our worst start record from us though 😁

Didn't see or hear the match but looking at the  stats, 22 shots, 5 on goal, so it does appear that we had chances, just not converting them & clearly in a game like this (& as with West Ham), you might only get one real chance & a single goal decides the game again. 

3 tough games coming up.   We just need a break but I can't see where that's going to come from at the moment but we've got to keep trying. 

3 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Didn't see or hear the match but looking at the  stats, 22 shots, 5 on goal, so it does appear that we had chances, just not converting them & clearly in a game like this (& as with West Ham), you might only get one real chance & a single goal decides the game again. 

3 tough games coming up.   We just need a break but I can't see where that's going to come from at the moment but we've got to keep trying. 

Not good enough, 4 goals in 10 games, not a win says it all.

I'm praying they stay up, but relegation looms I'm afraid.

The only mitigation is that they are not getting beaten up many teams (see Burnley this weekend vs Man City). As with the West Ham game, Leeds, and a few others, they are playing well enough, creating enough chances, more than enough, surely this kind of finishing (missing the target and wonder saves sometimes when they do hit the target) cannot continue all season. 

How many games have they lost by 1 goal. A bit of luck in front of goal and it would have been a different story.

Keep at it, keep attacking, keep creating chances.

Richard

10 minutes ago, Vasquez Rich said:

The only mitigation is that they are not getting beaten up many teams (see Burnley this weekend vs Man City). As with the West Ham game, Leeds, and a few others, they are playing well enough, creating enough chances, more than enough, surely this kind of finishing (missing the target and wonder saves sometimes when they do hit the target) cannot continue all season. 

How many games have they lost by 1 goal. A bit of luck in front of goal and it would have been a different story.

Keep at it, keep attacking, keep creating chances.

Richard

They did create chances but so did WBA who were also more fluent and comfortable on the ball.

2 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

They did create chances but so did WBA who were also more fluent and comfortable on the ball.

They couldn't score goals last season, this season It's even worse..

The problem won't go away until they sign a couple of proven, class striker's.

As they say, If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

4 minutes ago, Padders said:

They couldn't score goals last season, this season It's even worse..

The problem won't go away until they sign a couple of proven, class striker's.

As they say, If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

They haven't really paid peanuts though - Brewster £23m, McBurnie £20m, Mousset £15m and alleged creative midfielder Berge £20m, their top scorer is McGoldrick who was a free transfer.

4 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

They haven't really paid peanuts though - Brewster £23m, McBurnie £20m, Mousset £15m and alleged creative midfielder Berge £20m, their top scorer is McGoldrick who was a free transfer.

Correct,  but none of them are proven at this level.

On a brighter note (if relegated) I do believe they will storm the Championship with the present squad.