Sheffield United V Relegation

Box11

8 hours ago, Baron99 said:

If the Samaritans offer you a job, please don't take it. 😁 

Still 19 games left.  The fat lady hasn't even got a taxi to the building, let alone started to warm up. 

Ha ha I like that Baron99...

Trust me there will be no danger of me joining the Samaritans...

But saying that look at the results...

Not scoring goals not gaining points results in relegation the table speaks for itself....

I would love to be upbeat but about what I'm going on what I'm watching and it's terrible....

Remember this thread is about Sheffield United v Relegation not Sheffield United staying up !!!!! 

34 minutes ago, atticus said:

For me our fate was sealed when we failed to beat WBA in December. Losing to a very good Spurs side was never going to make much difference to how the season pans out.

I think what should be more concerning for fans and was pointed out by Roy Keane at half time, when Norwood lost the ball before Kane scored he made no attempt whatsoever to win it back, that lack of fight is not what we've come to expect from a CW team.

Norwood was already on a yellow.

Football is pretty much non contact in the prem . If Norwood had gone in strong and got booked then Roy Keane would have been slagging him off at half time for costing the Blades the game. 

Keep  pushing the lack of fight narrative though 

14 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

We should be concerned about the lack of fight from one player? The rest of the team were putting themselves about and battling, in particular Norwood's midfield counterparts (fleck and lundstram).

Norwood appeared tired and should have been taken off the pitch. He had little desire and I think I would have rather have been playing with 10 men at times. 

If he's no longer upto it, the he doesn't get a shirt, it is as simple as that. Coming from a player like Roy Keane, who sent players into Row Z.....you would rightly expect him to pull Norwood on his performance, he was right to.

To be fair Keane highlighted the whole team not just Norwood, he said for a team that's fighting for their lives it was staggering, the clip is on Sky Sports Twitter page.

26 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

We should be concerned about the lack of fight from one player? The rest of the team were putting themselves about and battling, in particular Norwood's midfield counterparts (fleck and lundstram).

Norwood appeared tired and should have been taken off the pitch. He had little desire and I think I would have rather have been playing with 10 men at times. 

If he's no longer upto it, the he doesn't get a shirt, it is as simple as that. Coming from a player like Roy Keane, who sent players into Row Z.....you would rightly expect him to pull Norwood on his performance, he was right to.

I'm not even buying the risk of a second yellow Atticus mate, Norwood's performance as a whole was substandard. He was a Yard or two off the pace all the game, his pass completion was terrible, he simply had a poor game.

Likewise, there is still no fact in our friends theory, because other players worked their gonads off.

Agree, Norwood was shocking yesterday,  why didn't CW hook him of at half time, he was partly responsible for all three goals, if  you look closely at the first goal, the corner is coming in right in his direction and he turns away from it, frightened of heading the ball, reminds me of the guy at S6, Bannan,  another thing is he's  virtually useless when we lose the ball, also like BB, so we are carrying a player against teams like Spurs. As for Burke he can chase a ball down, quickly making up 30/35yards then he looks round and there's no one to centre it to, didsy is way off the pace, we need two up front in every game from now on, let didsy play just behind them

46 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

I'm not even buying the risk of a second yellow Atticus mate, Norwood's performance as a whole was substandard. He was a Yard or two off the pace all the game, his pass completion was terrible, he simply had a poor game.

Likewise, there is still no fact in our friends theory, because other players worked their gonads off.

Norwood was awful, no doubt about it , I’d have taken him off at half time.You just know though if he’d have jumped in to the tackle and got himself a yellow that Keane would have been all over it at half time .

1 hour ago, pintor said:

Agree, Norwood was shocking yesterday,  why didn't CW hook him of at half time, he was partly responsible for all three goals, if  you look closely at the first goal, the corner is coming in right in his direction and he turns away from it, frightened of heading the ball, reminds me of the guy at S6, Bannan,  another thing is he's  virtually useless when we lose the ball, also like BB, so we are carrying a player against teams like Spurs. As for Burke he can chase a ball down, quickly making up 30/35yards then he looks round and there's no one to centre it to, didsy is way off the pace, we need two up front in every game from now on, let didsy play just behind them

In all my time of watching Bannan I've never seen him gift the opposition two goals like Norwood did yesterday, also Norwood cost in excess of £2m whilst Bannan was a free.

18 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

In all my time of watching Bannan I've never seen him gift the opposition two goals like Norwood did yesterday, also Norwood cost in excess of £2m whilst Bannan was a free.

If you read the post I mention about neither of them heading the ball

Edited by pintor

8 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

This thread is about Norwood isn't it, not Bannan in all fairness.

To counter your comment.. I've never seen Norwood have such a shocking game in a blades shirt and gift 2 goals in the manner that he did at the weekend.... and he's played just shy of 90 games for us now, a large percentage of those in the top flight! 

He' a 3 times Premier League promotion winner and he has put in some real quality performances for us in the past, which is why that performance disappointed so much. I feel almost inclined and obliged to find an excuse for such a woeful showing.

I don't know why he was off the pace, but he was. He looked knackered and switched off, rather than disinterested. He will have no doubt received a few choice words in the dressing room, therefore it is on him now to come back and respond. He seems a genuine enough bloke and I am pretty certain that he will respond in the right way. If not, then he loses his shirt doesn't he?....I've said it a few times, I feel sorry for flecky and lundstram, both of which had a decent game.

Norwood has like most been great for us, but he doesn't seem to be on it this season, if we are going back to the championship he will maybe recover his form (hopefully), but the squad needs a good sorting out at seasons end, most of the team that got us into the premiership will be in their 30s  even if we come straight back up,  so won't cut it then if not now.  Signings have been poor and those we have signed would struggle to command a fee anywhere near what we paid for them now,I'm sure they will address this at S2 come seasons end