Sheffield United V Relegation

Box11

16 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

I think a couple of loans to give the squad a boost wouldn't of hurt the bank balance too much however I agree there's no harm not chasing the big boys, I've always said if we ever go up I wouldn't want them spending silly to try to compete, I'd be happy enough being a to yo club

Who can forget the Owls trying to compete in 1999, how much did they spend on,

Carbone, Di Canio, Sibon, Walker, and others whose names I can't remember.

Only for Danny Wilson to take them down.

They've never actually recovered from that fiasco.

2 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

I think a couple of loans to give the squad a boost wouldn't of hurt the bank balance too much however I agree there's no harm not chasing the big boys, I've always said if we ever go up I wouldn't want them spending silly to try to compete, I'd be happy enough being a to yo club

I always think even a couple of new faces freshens up a squad no end and sends out a message that at least your trying, this will do nothing for the morale of the squad.

16 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

I always think even a couple of new faces freshens up a squad no end and sends out a message that at least your trying, this will do nothing for the morale of the squad.

I agree. Stupid spending a few million on new players but a couple of low cost loans surely won't hurt the bank balance and will surely give the squad a boost, it's not like the club is in trouble financially.

2 hours ago, Padders said:

Who can forget the Owls trying to compete in 1999, how much did they spend on,

Carbone, Di Canio, Sibon, Walker, and others whose names I can't remember.

Only for Danny Wilson to take them down.

They've never actually recovered from that fiasco.

Nope who can but that would be seen as small change these days what we spent. We did lose out on parachute payments though when we went down, if we got those our finances probably wouldn't bof took such a hit.

Great result against Man Utd.  Still along way to go but it's a start.  However, when I look at the Premiership table, as it stands & look at the ten teams above us, up to Villa, I'm still left wondering, how the hell have we failed to compete against some of those teams? 

7 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Great result against Man Utd.  Still along way to go but it's a start.  However, when I look at the Premiership table, as it stands & look at the ten teams above us, up to Villa, I'm still left wondering, how the hell have we failed to compete against some of those teams? 

Too true - but going forwards, if we show the same fight and spirit we did last night for the rest of the season, I think we'll stay up.  On that showing, there are plenty of teams that are worse than us.  Can we overcome the points handicap we've got, well that's the question....