Return A World War 1 Medal

trevjan

1 minute ago, harvey19 said:

Not sure if this is relevant in this case but I have heard in some cases the medals were distributed between the recipients family after their death.

I think this may have happened with Tommy's medal . I would love to get In intouch with other family members and share information 

On 26/09/2020 at 18:21, Kay.cee said:

Hello all

I'm on board!!

I'm using the name kay.cee. I am also on findagrave under the same name. The 1915 star is the only  medal unaccounted for so I'm glad it's in safe hands. Lovely of you to take such an interest and great care in trying to find family. I'm not sure how to use this site as yet so bear with me if there's a delay in my responding to any questions you may have for me

Hi. I think we may have communicated together before and you shared loads of information about Tommy. My husband has now inherited some Tommy's war medals including his MM and death penny. How do I upload photos

On 26/09/2020 at 17:18, sadbrewer said:

Hi trevjan...Ive just heard back from the young lady and she confirmed that the step side of the family had three medals but not the Star....she has some great information about Tommy, I'll send her the link to this thread and hopefully she'll be on-board soon.

Great gesture by the way!!

Hi I'm a member of this step side of the family. My husband is descendent of Cynthia, Tommy's wife. Hubby inherited 3 of Tommy's medal including his MM and death penny. Would post photos if I knew how to, regards Diane

On 26/09/2020 at 11:05, smary said:

You may find this interesting - https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/43258948/thomas-james-burtoft

Strange if he died back home he seems to be  buried in France.  

Tommy died at Le Treport army hospital in France and is buried in the near by commonwealth cemetery (Mt Huon). Hi wife (Cynthia's, my husband grandma) and his mother travelled to France to see him on his death bed.