Dance classes looking for somewhere in sheffield

im very interested in dance classes in sheffield, i love dancing and have been told im very good at it, im very energetic and just need something fun and fit to get into to help me tone up. ive got lots of motivation so looking for something energetic.

if any one can give me any ideas what to do and where classes take place i would appreciate this very much.

im interested in street dancing, pole dancing, just somehting to help tone up.

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
I run a dance class on a Saturday at 1pm at Hillsborough Leisure Centre - I teach Freestyle Disco, Street Dance, Slow Dance and Rock & Roll. If you would like to book a place please ring me on 07756524299. (£5 per person) :hihi:

Hey, maybe you can advise me - how does a total beginner (and no youngster - I'm 57) start to learn to dance?

I spent 30 years married to a woman who couldn't dance and hated it - so never got to do anything in that line.

Now divorced, my new girlfriend loves dancing - but it's not really practical when she knows loads of stuff and I know bugger all. I'ne never learnt any proper dance steps in my life.

And please don't suggest line dancing - I HATE country music - horrible whiny dirges... music to slash your wrists by... "Ma wife' run off with ma dawg - gee, I miss him"

I am reasonably well co-ordinated - go ice skating and hang gliding and was a professional wrestler for quite a few years...

The problem is, I feel, that the dance classes I have seen in action assume that you're reasonably proficient in the first place - and just need to learn a new TYPE of dance. I feel I'd be totally lost and dragging the others back because I'm starting from a nothing base.

Suggestions welcome!

cheers

Many many classes do private tuition, from disco, to rock and roll, to salso, to waltz. I teach all these styles of dance but unfortunately I teach private lessons in Barnsley, South Yorks. For private lessons expect to pay anything from £10-£25 an hour. Other than that, get in touch with local dance schools, many have adult evening classes for beginners. :)

Archived