Firework Madness In 2020

On 19/10/2020 at 09:44, *Wallace* said:

Well maybe ask the people in cars vans and busses on Abbeydale Road etc last week who were getting fireworks thrown at their vehicles and thrown in their busses. Or the people in the areas busses are no longer running thanks to “antisocial behaviour “

But those events have nothing to do with the 5th of November and everything to do with criminality. 

But lets's ban Bonfire Night and also we should ban:

Diwali
Eid
New Year
Chinese New Year

All annual events that have taken to using fireworks as a traditional method of celebration.

in my day it was fun to set off a penny banger on the field home and run away,no intention to upset or injure anyone,just kid stuff,but today its serious stuff,dont ban fireworks just only allow displays,that comunitys can have free via the lottery grant or just sell mild fireworks for old dad to set off.

I have a dog who is scared of fireworks and twice in the past week our evening walk has had to be cut short because of firework noise....it is still October! People with dogs who are like mine or vulnerable people who are affected by the noise must be dreading the next couple of weeks I know I am.

We've had them most nights for the last week or so here in Hackenthorpe. It seems we have some new morons on Dyke Vale Avenue who had a bonfire and fireworks a couple of weeks ago, up to 11pm, and are at it again tonight. Our dog is terrified and we have another 2 weeks of this most likely. It's called Bonfire Night, not Bonfire Month!

Its just my observation, but the area around Abbeydale Road, which is always very "lively" in the firework season, seems a bit subdued this year - probably the combined effects of Covid lockdowns, Covid on finances and disposable income to buy fireworks and an increased police presence in that area? Has anyone else noticed this?

Edited by GinTreeS7

• 2 weeks later...