SUT coaches

hi sut man im not sure how long george griffiths worked at sut I was brought up with his daughter and we use to go on some of the trips that he did I was about the age of 8 to 10 his daughters name was margaret his wifes name was dorothy they had another son called Micheal i dont know if thats too much info for you or if you really want to know.:huh:

i think the best trip i can remember was when we went to Spain because George knew people so we could go off the beaten track so to speak like when we went to the bull fights we met the matadors and the pickadors and the rest and when we went to france we met a bloke who owned a perfume shop and got a load of free bottles of perfume so thanks to george I had good times and went to a lot of different places abroad .

i would be interested in the photo you have of him and do you know whether hes still living. Thank you

Downsunder, I have tried to post this photo onto the Forum but so far, have had no success. I will keep trying though !

• 3 months later...
Brilliant photo of Bernard Sellers. Suggest this was the 1958 tour to Torquay & Ilfracombe which cost £14, 14s for 7 days. The coach was named "Copenhagen".

Hi SUT man i have message in another thread asking about the coaches used to take kids to the seaside from working mens clubs.I used to go and remember the coaches pulling up outside idsworth road club ..and they were gleaming ..and had names like _Dutchess of York etc and were in a purple livery i think? did these belong to SUT?

Regards

Hi SUT man i have message in another thread asking about the coaches used to take kids to the seaside from working mens clubs.I used to go and remember the coaches pulling up outside idsworth road club ..and they were gleaming ..and had names like _Dutchess of York etc and were in a purple livery i think? did these belong to SUT?

Regards

Dont know what era we are speaking about here, was this in the fifties or sixties? Its a bit difficult trying to remember some of the older liveries of some of the coach companies but it definately wasn't SUT with names like you mention. I think it might have been Littlewoods coaches as they were in a bergundy and silver livery with names like Duchess of Torquay, Duchess of Newquay etc. Hope this is of some help.

looks like a Burlingham seagull bodied coach if i'm not mistaken?

Hi andyrad29, Yes this was a Burlingham Seagull bodied AEC Reliance new in 1956. Fantastic machines although I personally preferred the 1957 deliveries the most.

• 2 weeks later...