SUT coaches

my dad used to drive for s.u.t or suttie as he called is name was eric ward then he went on to work for j.o andrews when they were down attercliff for a guy called mick sanagar

My dad worked at Andrews when they ran buses!, he and I both knew Mick who was a great character but is now sadly not with us

Another picture which was my grandads (Bernard Sellers), but no idea who they are - may be someone on here recognises them

http://s787.photobucket.com/albums/yy160/fourchairs/?action=view&current=Unknownsut.jpg

dont know the people but can appreciate the coach! look at the shine on it!

another Burlingham Seagull AEC i think

Hi Fourchairs, great photo and yes it is a Burlingham Seagull bodied AEC Reliance which was new in 1957. It had the coachname of "Innsbruck" and was regd as YWA 268. The tour was Lands End I believe and this was in 1959. The other courier on the tour was Arthur Jones. Incidentally, the tour was of 7 days and cost £18.9s.0d (or £18.45p). The coach was fitted with Webasto air conditioning.

• 1 month later...
Hi Fourchairs, great photo and yes it is a Burlingham Seagull bodied AEC Reliance which was new in 1957. It had the coachname of "Innsbruck" and was regd as YWA 268. The tour was Lands End I believe and this was in 1959. The other courier on the tour was Arthur Jones. Incidentally, the tour was of 7 days and cost £18.9s.0d (or £18.45p). The coach was fitted with Webasto air conditioning.

Hi sutman did you know Jim Rogerson Jack Stones or Jimmy Kerr ....I ask cos Jim Rogerson was my dad in fact the guy with just his back view in that photo could be him ,but I cant remember him having that much hair lol

Hi sutman did you know Jim Rogerson Jack Stones or Jimmy Kerr ....I ask cos Jim Rogerson was my dad in fact the guy with just his back view in that photo could be him ,but I cant remember him having that much hair lol

HI Kazads53, It could well be your dad Jim Rogerson with his back to the camera. All I can say, its definately not Jimmy Kerr or Jack Stones