SUT coaches

hi ernie sharp recall all the names mentioned spent many happy years at sut plus jack hand **** controller chap called gosling joe booker Derek tie alf riley regards aj

Have you seen 1322 WA at south yorkshire transport museum

Yes sedith, thank you, I was getting my west country geography mixed up, also if one travelled with Littlewood's, didn't you have to book the accommodation with them too. not just the ride. Perhaps S.U.T. also ?

In the 1950's you could just book travel di it quite a lot for a number of years

The coach livery was as described, but the firm consisted of two brothers

Ceil G Littlewood from burngreave Sheffield and

Fred N Littlewood from brinsworth not sure of number coaches but on one trip there was at least 7 two of Fred's and the others Ceil's plus hired in coaches

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My grandad drove for them before and after the war. His name was Gilbert Howsham, I have a photo of him in front of his coach about 1953 but dont seem to be able to get it on here.

hi I went to Holland with SUT in 1966. 1st trip abroad with a friend courtesy of a £28 gift. That £28 gave me 3 holidays that year. Those were the days.

it was a good year to go as all the boys talked to us as we came from Sheffield and of course we had just won the world cup and they had watched the football from the Wednesday ground.

We went to the Alkmaar cheese market and to Zuider Zee where people still dressed in the old Dutch costumes. strange but I never went anywhere again until the 90's

• 1 month later...

I was interested to hear SUT man mention the possibility of 'uncle Sim' being Sim Rieuwerts, a Dutchman. I'm pretty sure this must be right because when we went to Belgium he was attempting to teach us some Flemish, I remember him being fluent.